Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Predefined zoom

Hi,

Is possible to implement some user defined zoom? In the fullscreen you have these usefull shorcuts

1 - Full screen mode: Show images/movies with the original size (1:1)
    2 - Full screen mode: Fit to screen: large images only
    3 - Full screen mode: Fit to screen: all images/movies
    4 - Full screen mode: Stretch all images/movies to screen
    5 - Full screen mode: Fit image width to screen width
    6 - Full screen mode: Fit image height to screen height

What about to add to the options possibility to define two or three user zooms like

7 - 50%
    8 - 75%
    9 - empty

User will have possibility to enter his popular. And when user press 7,8 or 9 then it will automaticaly zoom the picture to user defined zoom.

Thanks,

M

Not interested for anybody else?

Comment

I don't see any use for this. There is already an option for fixed zoom steps.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, mumajs. What you suggest would be helpful if you have a number of images in the SAME size and want to zoom it to the same level. However, I agree with Bhikkhu that we all have so many pictures in so many sizes and would want to zoom each one to different levels. Therefore what you suggest does not seem to be a very useful addition to IrfanView...
        Download IrfanView Help Manual from:
        IrfanView Website - Here
        Sam_Zen's Website - Here
        Author's Website - Here

Comment

Pre Defined zoom - a quick to use toolbar button would be very handy.

I do quite a bit of image viewing. I would find a button on the tool bar where one can quickly select zoom level of 10%,25%,50%, 75%, 100%, 150% etc. would be very useful.I use it frequently with applications that has it. Another useful feature would be a "hand" tool similar to acrobat reader - that allow you to grab and move the image
          without using sliders.

Comment

In Options, Properties, Viewing, set the absolute zoom step to what you want, e.g. 25%, then click the toolbar buttons or use the shortcut keys to zoom in/out in fixed steps 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, etc.

Click and hold with the right mouse button to pan a large image within the smaller window.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              In Options, Properties, Viewing, set the absolute zoom step to what you want, e.g. 25%, then click the toolbar buttons or use the shortcut keys to zoom in/out in fixed steps 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, etc.

Click and hold with the right mouse button to pan a large image within the smaller window.
              Thanks for the reply.
              I understand I can do that, but that would not allow direct jump from one zoom level to another,
              bypassing intermediate steps.

Comment

By the way, I have not realised that "hand" tool already exist - thanks.
                It was not on in my setup, because I have "context-menu" on. It
                would be nice to be able to toggle that through a button on
                the toolbar ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X