Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Copy color value to the clipboard with Alt+Click

this would be a one liner to implement:
    copy the color value currently shown in the title bar to the clipboard if the ALT key is pressed - this would greatly benfit those of us who must extract color values from screendesigns or screenshots.

color value / color picker (ALT + leftclick)

related discussion:

Have you tried the color picker tool in Picpick?
    Picpick provides a number of handy little tools that you can launch from your system tray at any time.

Comment

of course other tools are available and more sophisticated for other purposes - however this feature would be simple to implement while adding value for certain one stop tasks using irfanview.
      thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Like screen capture, this is one thing that is more useful in a program that works system-wide, rather than just when IrfanView is loaded. I use FastStone Capture, which can grab the pixel colour values in RGB (99,140,167), Decimal (11640192), or Hexadecimal (7B9AAE).

I agree it should be simple to code this, as the values are already shown in the IrfanView title bar, but I prefer to load FastStone Capture at Windows startup so that these basic image tools are available whatever application I am using.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry for bumping a 12 years old thread, but since IrfanView still does not have this key feature, and this thread is the first result found when searching for this, I am sharing my solution using AutoHotKey:
          Code:
          #NoEnv
          #NoTrayIcon
          #SingleInstance Force
          SetTitleMatchMode 2 ;contains

#IfWinActive, IrfanView
          ~^LBUTTON::
          ~!LBUTTON::
              Sleep,  10
              WinGetActiveTitle, title
              RegExMatch(title, "#[0-9A-F]+", color)
              clipboard := color    
              ToolTip Copied "%color%" to clipboard!
              Sleep, 1000
              ToolTip
              return
          This script simply listens to CTRL+Click or ALT+Click inside IrfanView and when it happens, grabs the HEX color from IrfanView window title and puts it to the clipboard (with quick notification tooltip)

To use this, install AutoHotKey from its website, save this script as .ahk file (i.e. "IrfanViewPick.ahk") anywhere, and run it. For your convenience, I also recommend creating a shortcut to the script inside windows "Startup" folder, so the script starts with windows automatically (press windows+R -> type "shell:startup" -> enter -> create shortcut to your saved .ahk file)
          Hopefully this solution will be usefull to someone, but won't be necessary one day!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your solution. There are also tools available for picking up pixel colors from the computer screen which will work in any program.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

A colour-picker is already available with the Paint Plugin (F12).
              After picking the foreground or background colour with the left or right mouse button, click on the swatch and open the custom colour dialog to see the colour values.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paint Plugin Custom Colours.png
Views:	434
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	94243
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X