Multi-page tiff preview in toolbar, allow for page re-order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Multi-page tiff preview in toolbar, allow for page re-order

I know you can re-order pages using ctrl+q, but now that Microsoft Office 2010 has phased out MODI entirely, it would be nice to have a free alternative.

MODI had the capability of doing this via a left-hand pane - i.e. there would be a pane with thumbnails of the various pages, and you could easily drag and drop the pages to rearrange and resave the file.

You have a huge opportunity here if you can fill the MODI niche with 2010.

The trouble is, adding a whole new interface element with drag and drop would surely add a load of bloat to the program, not to mention taking a lot of development time. Rearranging of multipage TIF images is already possible via the Ctrl Q dialogue, which does show thumbnails, and I don't see editing multipage TIFs as a high priority task for a light weight image viewer.

See the sticky thread.

There does, however, seem to be some room for improvement in batch operations on multipage TIF images.

Just my opinion, of course. I don't speak for Irfan.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I understand about the bloat - but the code is already present, in the "ctrl+q" feature. I would simply like an added tool pane that shows up immediately when the multipage tiff is loaded, so it does two things:

* Makes it evident that the file is multipage (I understand that the page up/down buttons highlight)
      * Makes it a simple affair to move pages back and forth.

How about this instead? The thumbnail size is pretty much useless if you plan to rearrange text pages - - i.e. you can't tell page a from page b if you tried in some cases. How about larger thumbnails? I think that might be a nice compromise.

The sticky thread seems to make an argument against feature requests...sorry about the suggestion, didn't mean to become 'over-eager'...

Comment

Working...
      X