.MSF Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested .MSF Support

After digging through some old files i came across several .msf files. For those that arent too familiar it is the format for a slideshow screensaver. A night of googling resulted in a small decade old utility called "msfleegh" that wouldextract the images. It worked well but several of the filesseemed to corrupt sadly.

I would preface this by reading a previous post on here that suggested using a timer and running the screensaver to capture, however that would pose 2 issues, 1. it may take a long time with random number generation for the screensaver to go through a complete cycle, resulting in many duplicate files and 2. the images are of varying sizes (as seen from the msfleegh program) and i would much rather have thier native format (which can be quite large, or quite small).

I tried contacting the author of the msleegh application but as the program was written over 12 years ago i dont think i'd be able to get ahold of him.

Honestly, what's the point of supporting such old formats? How many users have even heard of msf screen savers, let alone have such files? How many such screen savers do you have?

This is clearly a one-off task that you need to do manually with a screen shot program if the images are that rare and important to you.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X