I would find it useful to be able to enter a zoom percentage via keyboard

example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iv-zoomperc.png
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	84460

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Try Properties, Viewing, Fixed Values or Absolute step, and set the step to 50% or whatever suits your needs.

It could be useful to be able to enter a fixed zoom value in the status line zoom field, but I reckon the above method is much quicker for most likely cases that I can think of, e.g. the user wants 200% or 50% — entering values is only good if you want something unusual like 170%.

What purpose did you have in mind?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I am aware of the zoom options. I have set them to fixed steps of 10%, which allows comfortable zooming between 10% and 100%.

The extra option of a text entry would be useful for
      (1) quickly zooming to high values beyond 100%
      (2) precise previewing of resize (and not doing trial and error via undo)
      (3) having set the zoom step to a fixed value, you cannot zoom to a value below this step value.
      (4) when the image loads to fit the window (which is what I want) e.g. 23%, it takes a long detour via CTRL+H to zoom to values like 10% or 20%

A kb shortcut to set the focus to the zoom-value field would, of course be an extra comfort

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Set Zoom Percentage Directly

If I want to see it at 45% or whatever, it is practically impossible to get it with the zoom-in and zoom-out as it currently exists. Why not just simply have a box that lets you enter the exact zoom percentage that you want? Seems kind of obvious. Maybe it does and I just can't see it.
        Last edited by Gord; 14.09.2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Why 45% exactly and not just fit to Window? There are so many ways to zoom already. Try fixed zoom step 5% or fixed values (Properties, Viewing) — perhaps they will suit your needs better.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

They don't, which is why I posted the request. I don't want to have to click (+)(+)(+) or (-)(-)(-) and hope it hits the zoom factor I want. I just want to type it in directly like every other program on the planet.

Comment

I press ctrl+r and on the "Resize/Resample Image" menu is always "Set new size as percentage of the original" activated. So I press only ctrl+r and then 45 and Enter. Voilà. I know it isn't really zooming, but it always worked for me.

Comment

Try the attached test version and let us know your results.

Extract the Zip file to a temporary folder, then copy and paste it over your IrfanView installation.

The usual caveats apply to using test versions of any software.

The missing text label in Settings, Toolbar has already been reported to Irfan Skiljan. You will see it if you are using any Language.dll apart from US English.

Edit: Fixed already in the latest Test.zip attached
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.05.2015, 08:51 AM.

Comment

A nice little addition to the Toolbar options.
                  A few comments on the test file if you are reporting back to Irfan.
                  1. When the zoom is less than 100% the value is shown with 1 decimal place, but the little window is not quite large enough to show it all.
                  2. If you select one of the Display options from the drop down list of the zoom box such as "Fit images to window" it is applied only to the current image. The setting under Display options in the View menu is unchanged and the display reverts to that setting when you show the next slide. It could be quite useful if that is what is intended but I think it will probably confuse some users. At the very least I suggest using the singular, "Fit image to window".

Comment

Anyone can report issues to Irfan.

I have no problem seeing the decimal places here. Try different toolbar skins.

Comment

Working...
                    X