Locate/Install Rulers/Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Locate/Install Rulers/Guides

When working on graphic files I would love to have X&Y rulers and insert guides, but cannot locate this feature in Irfanview. Anyone know if the exist?
    Thanking You, Peter

No. This option doesn't exist.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Press and hold down the Left mouse key to show the X,Y coordinates of the cursor position in the Title bar at the top of the window. This shows the position in pixels of the image. You can also accurately set a selection box from Create Custom crop selection in the Edit menu and use the sides as guidelines.

I often use PicPick (launched from an icon in the system tray as needed) in conjunction with Irfanview. I find its Crosshair and Ruler features useful when creating layouts. Sadly it only shows the cursor position in screen pixels, so it is usually necessary to work at 1:1 zoom ratio (press Ctrl+H) so that 1 screen pixel is equal to 1 pixel of the Irfanview image.

Comment

Working...
      X