Browsing RAR/ZIP archives with Irfanview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
    It may be convenient, but no big time savings.
    I think convenience is what people are looking for when they google for "IrfanView + archive handling" and end up finding this thread. Who cares about space?

Comment

This thread has also outlived its usefulness.

If you still think this request is a valid one, send an email to Irfan and see what he says about it.

Thread merged and closed. Please don't bother to open a new one.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 06.02.2009, 03:59 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Browsing RAR/ZIP archives with Irfanview (resolved) - A word from Irfan

Threads Merged

I've gotten in touch with Irfan and have some news to report. Here's his response to my email (in German, though, but I'll provide a translation for it).
        Originally posted by Irfan (in German)
        Hallo K.,

Ja, dieses Feature ist geplant.
        Ein User hat mir sogar ein Plugin mit aehnlichen Features geschickt, aber da muss ich noch ueberlegen wie ich das genau einbaue etc., es ist nicht immer einfach.

=> vielleicht schon in der naechsten Version :-)

Greetings/Gruesse/Pozdrav,

Irfan
        Originally posted by Irfan (translated by miyagiCE)
        Hi K.,

Thank you :-)

Yes, this feature is planned-for.
        A user even sent me a plugin with similar features, but I'm still thinking about how to implement them etc., it's not always that simple.

=> maybe it'll be ready in time for the next release :-)

Greetings/Gruesse/Pozdrav,

Irfan
        That said, I'm putting this topic to rest. It's served its purpose; we're finally getting what we were longing for all this time. Thanks to everyone that has wished for this feature as much as myself and made this possible.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.02.2009, 06:46 PM. Reason: Link to old thead no longer needed

Comment

I forwarded a request for viewing Kirta files, which are just ZIP archives. Finding this old thread, I see that in post 67 it had already been forwarded and had received a reply that a plugin was in the works.

Some seven years later, it has not happened yet. I can only assume that Irfan Skiljan could not think of a way to implement this that would not cause problems.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This is Irfan Skiljan's reply re the Kirta file support:

=> later ... when I add the ZIP/RAR plugin ... the 2 PNGs from the ZIP will be readable.
            So it's still pending.

Comment

Working...
            X