Extract as Book Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Extract as Book Mode

Hi! VERY VERY long time user of the software and I love it. I was wondering if you would consider implementing either or both of the following:

1) Resize by setting 1 side only. I know that no matter what, I will want a thumbnail of 500 pixels across. I just want the horizontal to size appropriately. Even with the setting of just one side within the program, I cannot get it do this. If there is a way to proportionally resize when setting only one value (horiz or vertical) that would be awesome.

2) Extract as Book Mode. If there was a way to set the batch to go through either a bunch of graphics or a single PDF, and extract the files in book mode, where you split each page into two of whatever dimensions are set (left from the left, right from the right), and perhaps name them A and B or something like that, it would also be very helpful.

Thank you for your consideration,
    JDMBA

Doesn't this do what you want for 1)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reize to 500 pixel width.png
Views:	217
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	93255
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Regrettably ... no, hence my request. If you did that, you would get a very narrow picture. NONE of the options automatically resize the other dimension proportionately.

If there is any way to implement this, I think it would be great add.

Thank you!
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.12.2021, 11:09 PM. Reason: Removed image to save scrolling.

Comment

Did you enable Preserve Aspect Ratio?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I had in the prior one, and got that. I tried again (changing NO settings), and it worked properly. Will keep an eye and if it fails again will move over to bug reports.

Any thoughts on crop via book mode (my other request).

Thank you

Comment

For "book mode" you can use Options/Multipage images/Extract all pages... (make sure you choose the Destination Folder) and then use the Create Contact Sheet from selected files in Thumbnails to put as many per page as you want and control lots of stuff.

Just a thought

Comment

Working...
            X