No border viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested No border viewing

Hi, is there any chance to have an option for absolutely no border viewing? I know we can remove the caption bar, menu bar, toolbar, etc. through a registry entry or via tweaks to the ini file, but I'd like to see it go one big step further - to have no border when viewing. Xyplorer, an absolutely great file manager, has implemented a no border view which is really very nice. See the difference in these two views? Click image for larger version

Name:	porshe_in_Irfanview.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	84562 and Click image for larger version

Name:	porshe_in_XYplorer.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	84564

Also it would be great if the command line option for wallpaper allowed for recursive directories such that if I set a folder in the command line all the folders under that folder will also be utilized for as the wallpaper whether in randon or non-random mode. For example, D:\Graphics\IrfanView\i_view32.exe G:\Pictures\Ireland Trip 2011\2011-07-10\*a.jpg /random /wall=3 /killmesoftly In this example, I could pick use the folder "Ireland" and all my sub-directories would be available in the wallpaper selection. If there is currently this possibility please let me know.

Thanks so much,
    Ken
    Attached Files

Try the Slideshow in Windowed mode.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Try the Slideshow in Windowed mode.
      Thanks, that no border view in the windowed mode of "slideshow" is exactly what I mean, but if we could get that same no border view in the normal viewer in window mode would be fantastic...even an ini file tweak.

Any chance for the 2nd question on the recursive folders options for the wallpaper folder as explained above?

Thanks for your consideration,
      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by klownboy View Post
        Any chance for the 2nd question on the recursive folders options for the wallpaper folder as explained above?
        Have you considered using the /filelist= option?
        You can use the slideshow dialog to quickly prepare the list you want using Add All with Include subdirectories box checked and then Save filenames as TXT to either overwrite or prepare a new version of the text file that the wallpapers are selected from. Very flexible. You can easily add in another folder from somewhere else to an existing list, or you can save pre-prepared lists to swap in and out when you get tired of Ireland.

Comment

Hi Mij, thanks for the input. I have thought about using the /filelist parameter for selecting the wallpaper but hadn't taken the time to set it up yet. I didn't know I could use the slideshow dialog to assist in doing that. It sounds flexible especially when you can come up with multiple lists and then I could also set up a few irfanview icons links to have different wallpapers for different places/people/countries/events by using different filelists.

I still think it would be nice to have a recursive folders option at some point built into the /wall parameter. It just make sense. Until then, I'll start using filelist.

Thanks again,
          Ken

Comment

Just stumbled upon your post while searching the web for the same problem. Meanwhile I solved it myself. Just add the following to your ini-file:

[Caption]
            Active=0
            [Menu]
            Active=0

Comment

Hi mg70, If you look closely at the two pictures I posted you'll see that the right pic has no border at all whereas the left pic does. The left one was done with the settings already changed as you suggested - it gets rid of the caption and menu bars, but the actual border is still there. I had stumbled across these settings as well. Others changes get rid of the toolbar and status bars though these can be done in the program itself without changing the ini file. XYplorer has features which let you view with absolutely no borders which make for very nice viewing.
              Thanks,
              Ken

Comment

I've registered on this forum just to support klownboy's request.
                Please add the option to hide window borders!

so we can open files like this (taken from the help file):

Example for /hide:
                Values (can be combined (add values)):
                Toolbar 1
                Status bar 2
                Menu bar 4
                Caption 8

Border 16

i_view32.exe c:\test.jpg /hide=31
                Open 'c:\test.jpg', hide all
                (including borders)

Please, please, please add this option