Request Invert Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Request Invert Selection

I sometimes have a scan of a book page which contains a centered image with some image description below the image. The image looks ok and therefore I do not want to change it, but in order that OCR is working better on the image description I want to apply a contrast filter to the surroundings of the image. For that it would be good if I could just select the image and then have an option to invert this selection.

Draw a rectangle selection around the part you want to invert. Then in the menu: Image > Negative (Invert Image).

Hope this helps.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

The feature already exists.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I think this person is asking to be able to "invert the selection" area, not the image inside the selection. In other words, select everything outside the original selection.

I couldn't find that feature.

Comment

The user said: "I want to apply a contrast filter to the surroundings of the image." They thought the way to do this would be to invert the selection.

To apply a contrast filter to the text only, select it, then increase the contrast from the colour corrections dialog (Shift G).
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I understand that he wants to apply the contrast filter on everything except the selection (outside of it). Of course it could be possible to simply select the description, but maybe it is desired to avoid sharp borders around this area.

Comment

Working...
            X