Load filenames from TXT file and show images in viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Load filenames from TXT file and show images in viewer

I need to view several lists of images at the same time. Each list contains images from different folders. Now I use slideshow to view them, but it is inconvenient.
    Can you add a button to load filenames from TXT file in the File Menu?
    Thanks a lot!

Have you tried selecting the images in Windows Explorer, then right-click, Open?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Have you tried selecting the images in Windows Explorer, then right-click, Open?
      That results in viewers for every selected images in the top Windows Explorer window, one image one viewer. I mean a viewer loads a list, and shows images just like the File Menu - Search Files - Show in Viewer.

For example, a viewer loads a.txt, another viewer loads b.txt. Then I can read images in the two lists at the same time, and I can use scroll wheel to switch to next image in the same list - the same as I can use scroll wheel to switch to next image in the same folder when loading a image file.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	i_view64_BaocIaRexv.png
Views:	256
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	96029

Now I use two slideshows in windows mode to do this, but that is inconvenient, so I want viewer to load txt file like slideshow.

Comment

One can save and load text files from the Batch dialog, and preview them in the dialog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Batch Preview.png
Views:	207
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	96032
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

One can also use the context menu in Windows Explorer to play a slideshow with selected files, or save a text file, though I guess that won't be practical if the images are in different folders.

Comment

I did it!
            According to i_options.txt, command /filelist= make irfanview load filelist.
            I saved the following line as loadFilelist.bat, onto which I drop the filelist TXT file of images to view:

Code:
            start "" "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe" /filelist="%1"

Comment

That is cool

I must remember that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowMist View Post
                I did it!
                According to i_options.txt, command /filelist= make irfanview load filelist.
                I saved the following line as loadFilelist.bat, onto which I drop the filelist TXT file of images to view:

Code:
                start "" "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe" /filelist="%1"
                To support Japanese it should be
                Code:
                start "" "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view64.exe" /filelist=%1
                One more thing, it doesn't work when dropping lnk...

Comment

Working...
                X