Keyboard shortcut to quickly close image when "Ask to save ..." selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard shortcut to quickly close image when "Ask to save ..." selected

To avoid accidentally exiting image after spending a long time editing them (happened to me more than once), I have selected the Exit option "Ask to Save changes on program exit or file/image change."

Sometimes, however, I have a lot of images open, mostly screen captures, that I have edited by adding a frame or marking some element. Usually these are for pasting in document as examples or in emails to draw someone's attention to mistakes to be addressed. After pasting in the doc or email I have no need to save these images and I want to close them.

Since they have been edited, I get prompted to save the files when hitting ESC. When it's just one or two, no big deal, but sometimes there are a lot of them, and replying to all the prompts can be a nuisance. In those cases, it would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to close the image without any prompt. Something like CTRL-W maybe.

Too much to ask?

Thanks for listening,

YossiD

Restarting Windows would do it.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by YossiD View Post
      replying to all the prompts can be a nuisance
      A "No to all" option would be handy for this.

Comment

Working...
      X