Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Include folders whose name starts with a dot in "Load thumbs from all subfolders"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Include folders whose name starts with a dot in "Load thumbs from all subfolders"

When using "Load thumbs from all subfolders" loads all folders except that his name starts with a dot. I wish to change this behavior.

Thanks!

Nobody else is interested in this feature?

Comment

I doubt if anyone else uses folders with names starting with a dot.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It's a really common situation when you use various kinds of Operating Systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows...)
        Moreover, if you plug your Android smartphone to your computer, there are a lot of folders that begins with dot.

Well. It's only my opinion. If nobody else is interested in my request, I resign myself!

Comment

I doubt that it is a common situation with Windows. The operating system will not allow me to create a folder with a name that starts with a dot. It appears to be an invalid format in Windows. It will allow a dot within the folder name but not as the first character.

Comment

You are right! It's not a common situation with Windows. But you can plug a Android mobile to your Windows as a external disk; or you can plug a USB stick used before on Linux or Mac OS; or you can use Irfanview with Wine in a Linux box; or....
            I think there are some situations that you can find folders whose name starts with a dot...

And (it's only my opinion) is not a dificult feature to implement, no? Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I forwarded this problem to Irfan, so maybe he will fix this. I'll update this thread whren I get an anwser.

Regards
              Nils

Comment

Great! Thank you very much for the efforts!

Comment

Working...
                X