Ability to crop with circle or oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Ability to crop with circle or oval

I've used IrfanView for years but am new to the forum here so I apologize in advance if this has been requested before.

I do a lot of cropping and editing for various uses and have always longed for the ability to crop part of a picture with a circle or oval.

The way I envision it working is to do a custom crop but be able to choose a square or circle.

Then you could ctrl-left mouse click to make it smaller or larger or grab the side or top/bottom and pull it into a oval shape and then do the ctrl-left mouse click to drag it larger but keep the oval shape.

Does that make sense? Is it possible or way too difficult. I do have some software programming experience but not in programs such as this.

Its not unreasonable, but in my opinion this kind of feature comes under the heading of "Creeping sophistication." Use a drawing program where you have layers and independent objects and not just a single static bitmap layer.

"Creeping sophistication" means if this is added someone else will want rectangles with rounded corners, then someone else will want to adjust the corners, then someone else will want drop shadows, etc.

Although all things are possible, not all things are worth doing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

See the threads:

- "Image with rounded corners"
      - "frame a pic ??"
      - "Creating coloured rounded corners on a square image"

regards
      Frank

Comment

Working...
      X