Browser move file with R click&drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Browser move file with R click&drag

In the browser, I'm mostly sorting image files into sub-folders rather than copying them.

Left click & drag copies files. I know that "shift" turns this into "move" but it is irritating to have to go to the keyboard each time.

Right click & drag doesn't do anything - could't we have it as move file?

The Cutter (using Irfanview since forever - wonderful program!)

Thanks!

If you do a lot of file sorting, use the Shortcut (F7) and the move dialogue.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I know I can do that and I have done.

But you have to set up the folders first (and mine change all the time)
      and it's still much clumsier than right-click-and-drag.

I change over to Xn**** to do it without fumbling with the keyboard and why should I have to?

Right-click-and-drag doesn't do anything in the browser so set it to work!

Allbest!

The Cutter

Comment

right click and drag (in windows) would by default do a move indeed, but you get the change to change your mind since a small pop-up asks for confirmation first. This helps a lot if you did it accidentally.

Comment

"right click and drag (in windows) would by default do a move indeed, but you get the change to change your mind since a small pop-up asks for confirmation first."

??????????

R_Click & Drag in Irfanview does nothing - it should!

Irfan?

The Cutter

Comment

Originally posted by cutterman View Post
            R_Click & Drag in Irfanview does nothing - it should!

Irfan?

The Cutter
            This is a user2user support forum. Irfan doesn't visit here.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X