This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v.0.1.10.2

I’ve just released build 0.1.10.2 to fix some minor bugs in version 0.1.10.

Changelog:

v.0.1.10.2
    -plugin bug: when invoking RIOT_LoadFromDIB picture format was always seen as BMP. Fixed!
    -plugins: several modifications for bmp loading
    -full version plugin bugfix: RIOT_LoadFromDIB always shows -1 as filesize. Fixed.
    -fixed a known FreeImage problem with saving GIFs

Also have a look at this:
    RIOT developer
    visit the Radical Image Optimization Tool website

Comment

According to the left area you're still using IV 4.10. Is there a reason for this ?
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I did not see changing this stupid field in my profile as something important
        RIOT developer

Comment

Well, concerning proper testing or de-bugging by others, this could be not that stupid information to keep up the situation.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

RIOT DLL in Lite version (0.1.10.2)

I've updated to version 0.1.10.2 of RIOT Lite!
            Another problem than in the version 0.1.10!

Using v0.1.10 the 'About' dialog of RIOT showed the correct version number of RIOT!
            And IrfanView did not show the correct version number!!

But using v0.1.10.2 the 'About' dialog of RIOT doesn't show the correct version number of RIOT!
            And now IrfanView show the correct version number of RIOT!

See these screenshots using v0.1.10.2:

(To enlarge click on the pictures!)

What's that! Rotated world? Or trouble with programming?
            Please fix that problem!

Comment

It's not a problem. I don't display build numbers in the about box (.2). Only the major/minor version and release is displayed.
              I could easily display 0.1. There are no requirements to display full version info in the about box. To get full version info one can right click on file and see it's properties.

Version info is composed by:
              major version . minor version . release number. build number
              RIOT developer

Comment

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
                I did not see changing this stupid field in my profile as something important
                There is no requirement to fill in the profile information, but it may be helpful to others to know what version of IrfanView you are using.

Likewise, there is no requirement to provide accurate information about the RIOT plugin to the user, but it may lead to confusion if you provide incorrect or incomplete information. After installing the plugin, and checking the About dialogue, users might think that the installation has failed, and therefore try to do it again. They might not think to check the plugins list in IrfanView. To check in Windows Explorer is not the most obvious route even if you know about it.

There is a requirement for all forum members to be polite. Let's not start a riot over trivial matters!
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

suggestion: "transparent mode" for the whole picture in PNG mode

Originally posted by luciansabo View Post
                  I don't display build numbers in the about box (.2).
                  Only the major/minor version and release is displayed....
                  Thanks for the answer!
                  For me it's Okay!
                  If somebody knows your logic, then it's no problem!
                  But the logic of Bhikkhu Pesala is better!

But now a suggestion:
                  Is it possible to add a "transparent mode" for the whole picture (not only for one color) into the
                  "Save as PNG" mode of RIOT?
                  With the possibility to change transparency/opacity per percent!
                  Similarly transparency when painting with PhotoFiltre!

Would be a nice feature to be able to save a picture over another picture!

Comment

But the logic of Bhikkhu Pesala is better!
                    My logic is usually not so confusing.

I may have been wrong not to made this build a release and make things clearer.

About alpha transparency: this is a future plan, yes.

About the version info in IrfanView->Installed plugins. This is hardcoded, not part of product version info. Last time I forgot to modify it.
                    Last edited by luciansabo; 22.09.2008, 10:59 AM.
                    RIOT developer

Comment

2 Bhikkhu
                      Relax, I didn't see any trivial riot at the horizon.
                      2 luciansabo
                      I didn't demand or require anything with my post about the IV version.
                      I was just amazed that a developer of a very valuable tool was apparently not using the most recent version.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

If opening a 4Bpp *.BMP file, Riot is not able to handle this as a 16-color type in the dialog.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I don't understand what you are saying.
                          Opening a 4bpp image works. Program displays 4 bit in the original image area. On the other hand 4bpp output is not supported. Only >=8. This is written in the known issues.

Known issues:

* 4bpp output is not supported
                          * EXIF is discarded and cannot be saved by RIOT

For GIF I wrote also:
                          Supported output bit depths: 8 bit color, 8 bit grayscale

If you want to save a 4 bit image as 4 bit this is not possible with RIOT for the momment. Only 8 bit (256 colors) is supported.
                          RIOT developer

Comment

I see. But I would say that it is a pity within the concept of making the most efficient file for web-use.
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That's true, but not always true. I saw some 8 bit images smaller than 4 bit images.
                              Theoretically a smaller palette means smaller files. The gain is not that important though: ~1, 1.5 KB.

I've released a new version to fix some bugs:

v.0.1.11 (stable candidate #8)
                              - bugfix: plugin - IrfanView sends a filename even if file does not exist (like Clipboard01). This resulted in an "Error opening file".
                              Added FileExists check into RIOT to overcome this problem. Fixed !
                              - bugfix: Paste from clipboard and plugin function LoadFromHBITMAP gives "Error opening file" because no format was set. Fixed !

Note that current versions are smaller. I've applied a stronger compression on exe and dll. This may result in a slight loading delay.
                              RIOT developer

Comment

A modest request for some luxury :
                                It would be nice to be able to save the setting of 'Chroma subsampling', so get it back the next time Riot is opened.
                                (or knowing a way to open with 'None' instead of 'Medium 4.2.0' by editing something)
                                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                                X