X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

some report from me:

When i select e.g. the brush module and do only one mouseclick, there´ll be a single dot -> works fine

But when i use the arrow module and i do one mouseclick a very long line appears ... That´s a bit curious, because with the line module it won´t happen ...

steve

Comment

I tried it: the same happens for every shape-like tool (line, arrow line, rectangle, ellipse => they all share a lot of code). Anyway, I've fixed it in the sources; in the next release it will be correct.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Very nice work, Sjef!
        BTW another method to use the IP exe-file is to rename the original to e.g. "i_view32o.exe".

I played around with the straighten/rotate tool a bit.
        One is supposed to draw a line here, but what happens if one releases after a single left-click on one point ?
        Results were quite unpredictable. Things are rotated, and obviously in relation to one of the four corners.
        It seems to be the same number of degrees counterclockwise no matter what click-position.
        But sometimes the rotation added 90 degrees to it.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
          This with the nightly build or with the latest "official" beta?
          Ack ignore me, I got some files mislaid here, I think...
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
            Hi,

some report from me:

When i select e.g. the brush module and do only one mouseclick, there´ll be a single dot -> works fine

But when i use the arrow module and i do one mouseclick a very long line appears ... That´s a bit curious, because with the line module it won´t happen ...

steve
            On my system the length of the IrfanPaint arrow line is only 21 pixels when I do one mousecklick. So no long line at all. But why would anyone want an arrow of one dot?
            Last edited by Sjef; 30.09.2007, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
              Very nice work, Sjef!
              BTW another method to use the IP exe-file is to rename the original to e.g. "i_view32o.exe".

One is supposed to draw a line here, but what happens if one releases after a single left-click on one point ?
              Results were quite unpredictable. Things are rotated, and obviously in relation to one of the four corners.
              It seems to be the same number of degrees counterclockwise no matter what click-position.
              But sometimes the rotation added 90 degrees to it.
              On my system every single click does the same: the picture rotates a few degrees to the left, doesn't matter where I click. I don't mind though. What worries my more is the sharpness of my picture. It's no lossless rotation like in some other graphics editing programs.

Comment

Very nice work, Sjef!
                One is supposed to read the instructions (the exhaustive tooltips are enabled by default) before using a tool.
                Originally posted by Sjef View Post
                On my system the length of the IrfanPaint arrow line is only 21 pixels when I do one mousecklick. So no long line at all. But why would anyone want an arrow of one dot?
                Steve refers to the temporary line that appears for a moment if you click/release quickly the mouse.
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly
                  One is supposed to read the instructions (the exhaustive tooltips are enabled by default) before using a tool.
                  Thanks. I thought "what exhaustive tooltips ?", so just now I found out. Very nice.
                  But I think part of beta-testing is also doing things the user is not supposing to do according to the instructions.

Originally posted by Sjef
                  the picture rotates a few degrees to the left, doesn't matter where I click. I don't mind though. What worries me more is the sharpness of my picture. It's no lossless rotation
                  Definitely right about the sharpness. Worries me more too.
                  While testing this, so clicking and clicking and clicking, I noticed a very quick increase in blurring with each step.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Released!

Dear all,
                    I'm glad to say that I've released the IrfanPaint version that will be shipped with IrfanView 4.02; as usual, it can be downloaded here.
                    Changes:
                    • fixed a small bug in MainWndProc (the WM_KEYDOWN message was not intercepted);
                    • fixed an error in the Pen and Brush dialog (a radiobutton contained some text that should not have been there);
                    • fixed a rare bug in handling the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message (see Leif's posts);
                    • added a "Visit IrfanPaint site" button in the "About..." dialog.

You all helped me a lot in developing this plug-in, telling me suggestions, signaling bugs: a huge thanks to you all!

Definitely right about the sharpness. Worries me more too.
                    While testing this, so clicking and clicking and clicking, I noticed a very quick increase in blurring with each step.
                    You're right, but this is a IV problem: IP's straighten tool just computes the angle and tells to IV to rotate.
                    IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Yeehaa!

Says SamZen:
                      "But I think part of beta-testing is also doing things the user is not supposing to do according to the instructions."

Indeed, that's how we find out just how "intuitive" an interface is, and where the sneakiest bugs hide! And it's what makes it fun.
                      Last edited by matera; 02.10.2007, 05:18 PM. Reason: stupid typo
                      Its: Belongs to "It"
                      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                      ---------------------
                      Lose: Fail to keep
                      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Got a bit confused here btw. I'm using IV 4.00 (IP-version) at the moment, in the news forum there's a preliminary item about version 4.10, and now there's talking about IrfanView 4.02.

Many thanks for the work towards this stable version.
                        ..but this is a IV problem: IP's straighten tool just computes the angle and tells to IV to rotate.
                        You're right too. I reckoned this was an IV thing.
                        This is an aspect that maybe needs attention to keep clear : Because of the continuous interaction between IP and IV, the question sometime can rise : "Is this the result of a specific IP action, is IV involved as well, or only."
                        Especially while beta-testing.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi,

sorry, in the last mail Irfan told me that the next version will be 4.10, because of some more new features (plugins)

So don´t be confused

steve

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
                            Says SamZen:
                            "But I think part of beta-testing is also doing things the user is not supposing to do according to the instructions."

Indeed, that's how we find out just how "intuitive" and interface is, and where the sneakiest bugs hide! And it's what makes it fun.
                            Yes, you are right, but, you know, I can't simplify more that tool.
                            You're right too. I reckoned this was an IV thing.
                            This is an aspect that maybe needs attention to keep clear : Because of the continuous interaction between IP and IV, the question sometime can rise : "Is this the result of a specific IP action, is IV involved as well, or only."
                            Especially while beta-testing.
                            Well, I'd have to explain the internal work of IP and its interactions with IV... maybe when I'll have some time I'll write down a little explanation.
                            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

[BUG] Custom Fine Rotation

Set the background colour in IV for custom fine rotation to white.

Open Irfan Paint and use the custom fine rotation tool. The background colour used is always black. Changing the background colour in Irfan Paint makes no difference.
                              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                                Set the background colour in IV for custom fine rotation to white.
                                How do you do that?
                                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Working...
                                X