Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control U, custom rotation, Choose background colour.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, I'll ask to Irfan to change the rotate message...
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

MItaly, are you asking how BP does what he has tried? (and I would not think so, but...)? or are you asking how is someone how to predefine a background color during a rotation?

As for the latter, I would say that the defined color in the .INI file, section [Effects], RotateColor=(some value) be used, instead of your selection of black. That is the defined color that Irfan uses in his "Image, Fine Rotation" command.
        I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
        Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

I agree about the color selection. Basic Black just isn't right for some things.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I agree about IP copying the latest setting of BG color of IV, so of the INI file, in this case.
            Of course a specific IP setting for this is possible. It has its own foreground/background dialog of colors. Hasn't it ?
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

OMG, you'll drive me crazy!
              Tell me what you prefer:
              1. IP in rotation use the last fine rotation color;
              2. IP in rotation use its BG color and leaves it as the last fine rotation color;
              3. IP in rotation use its BG color and then restores the previous fine rotation color.
              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                OMG, you'll drive me crazy!
                Tell me what you prefer:
                It helps a lot if you know that you're crazy already.
                1. Use the last fine rotation colour would be the obvious choice, though it might confuse some users who are unaware of the option.
                2. I think this option is better because the background colour is visible in IP. If the user gets an unexpected result there is a visual clue in the IP palette control.
                3. Someone who is painting with IP might change the background colour frequently while drawing boxes or circles. They might also flood-fill the background to a new colour. In this case they will surely want to use the new background colour for rotate too. However, most users will use the free-rotation for correcting scans, not while painting. Those users won't want the background colour to change unless they consciously choose to change it. Mostly it will be white since most documents are printed on white paper.

A choice of 1 or 3 would keep both types of users (painters and scanners) happy.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.10.2007, 02:53 PM.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I thought that the 3 was the best, so I already implemented it before posting . Adding an option would mean adding a whole new dialog, and I have not enough time to add and test it; maybe I could simply add an option in the INI file.
                  BTW, the rotation BG color is changed before rotating and restored after the rotation, so the change is transparent to the user (all the changes are made and reverted in the few seconds from the release of the mouse button to the end of the rotation of the image).
                  IrfanPaint developer

Comment

[BUG] Tooltip for selection tool pops up without asking.
                    • Select any tool.
                    • Select exhaustive help tips
                    • Select a foreground or background colour.
                    • Mouse over the drawing

Result: the tooltip for the selection tool opens.

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                      BTW, the rotation BG color is changed before rotating and restored after the rotation, so the change is transparent to the user (all the changes are made and reverted in the few seconds from the release of the mouse button to the end of the rotation of the image).
                      It sounds good to me. Always useful to give the user some feedback on what is going on. Adding options at this late stage is unwise. I hope that the final release is not far away now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                        [BUG] Tooltip for selection tool pops up without asking.
                        [...]
                        Result: the tooltip for the selection tool opens.
                        I tried it and it doesn't seem to have any relations to the exhaustive tooltips (I found that this sometimes happens also with the normal tooltips) or with the color window. Anyway I haven't found a real way to reproduce always this bug; it seems that there's a little bug in the tooltip control.
                        IrfanPaint developer

Comment

2 MItaly
                          Indeed, no need to get more crazy than you are already. I'm just participating in a brainstorm, no element of 'request' is at stake.
                          I agree with Bhikkhu about non-adding options at this late stage. It's a stage of last refinements I guess.
                          According to this, indeed nr 3 is the most logical.

Tooltip bug :
                          Can't reproduce this. Until now, I didn't manage to get any tooltip when mousing over the image.
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

The tooltip bug could be tied to some species of mouse and/or mouse settings...

Anyhowl, speaking of cursors, there is this darn ghost of the arrow cursor jumping into view every time I touch down on the image with an IP tool. I can't find any previous mention of it, so...I mention it.
                            Its: Belongs to "It"
                            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                            ---------------------
                            Lose: Fail to keep
                            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Tooltip bug: I investigated further and I have no idea about how to solve it.
                              Ghost cursor: I'm investigating on it.
                              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

i searched this thread for "font", but nothing.

so obviously, i suggest font support, if it hasn't been mentioned already.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X