Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my same version... I really don't know what to think.
    ---EDIT---
    And if you copy the characters from somewhere else and paste them in the RichEdit are they displayed correctly? Do you experience the same problem in other applications that use the RichEdit control (e.g. WordPad)?
    IrfanPaint developer
    The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
    IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
      Do you experience the same problem in other applications that use the RichEdit control (e.g. WordPad)?
      No problems at all in Wordpad. The text was copied from my earlier post. It is odd that Ā shows OK in IV Paint, but not ā.
      Attached Files
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

riched20 - version 3.0, file version 5.30.23.1221
        Not getting any fixedsys, all comes out same as in Wordpad
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Peculiar. I happened to have both riched20.dll and riched32.dll on the system.
          And the '20' appears to be more recent. Or not?
          20 : 5.30.23.1215
          32 : 5.0.2134.1

With Akelpad and IV I got what Bhikkhu wrote :
          0257 ā to 0299 ī

The square of the .notdef glyph problem is fixed indeed. Nice work.
          Last edited by Sam_Zen; 18.03.2008, 01:54 AM.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            No problems at all in Wordpad. The text was copied from my earlier post. It is odd that Ā shows OK in IV Paint, but not ā.
            It seems to be a problem of font mappings; the RichEdit control thinks that that character is a Chinese character, so tries to change it to another font which supports it: the right one should be SimSun, but on your system for some reason it changes to Fixedsys (which is a raster and non-Unicode font); do you have SimSun installed?
            Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
            Peculiar. I happened to have both riched20.dll and riched32.dll on the system.
            It's normal.
            The square of the .notdef glyph problem is fixed indeed. Nice work.
            Thank you.
            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
              It seems to be a problem of font mappings; the RichEdit control thinks that that character is a Chinese character, so tries to change it to another font which supports it: the right one should be SimSun, but on your system for some reason it changes to Fixedsys (which is a raster and non-Unicode font); do you have SimSun installed?
              No. I have MingLiu and PMingLiu installed.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Try to download and install it.
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I think the problem may lie with the way that text is encoded by Opera browser. Copying and pasting character sets from PagePlus works OK. I will try without the Samsun font too, as that may be a red-herring. Edit: Yes. It still works OK without Samsun installed, unless I cut and paste from my browser or use Alt Key Input.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 19.03.2008, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Colour selector oddity

When I click on one of the selector rectangles in Paint the pop-up shows a 16 x 16 grid of squares but with only a very limited number of colours repeated several times (see the attachment).

The selector for image/canvas size/border colour works correctly.

This behaviour MAY have only happened since I installed Microsoft .NET.

Any suggestions?

Bob

Comment

What is the color range of the image you are editing? See my attached images, one editing a JPG, the other a 256-color GIF. If the color palette of the image is limited, you get only those colors that it actually contains, unless you increase the color depth befor editing.
                      Attached Files
                      Its: Belongs to "It"
                      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                      ---------------------
                      Lose: Fail to keep
                      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Re: Colour selector oddity

Thanks - that certainly explains the cause as it was an 8 bit GIF that I was playing with.

Even so, wouldn't it be better to put up a colour selector relevant to colour range rather than just the currently used colours?

Bob

Comment

With a JPG image that currently contains only 256 colours you can add more colours, with a GIF image you cannot — you can only use one or other of the colours in the current palette. Start with a 16 colour GIF and increase the number of colours to 256, then to 16.7 million and see what happens to the colour selector in IrfanPaint. Or, start with a full colour image and see what happens when you reduce the number of colours. If you had a black and white image, what would be the purpose of selecting blue or red for the paintbrush?
                          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.03.2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Clone Tool Difficulty

I am suffering from what seems to be a bug related to use of the clone tool. In every case the operation begins well; however, after a while it starts to fail, apparently doing nothing, at times (at least) actually cloning offset from where I am trying to do it. I get the impression that closing and opening Irfanview again usually-- but not always-- gets me back the function. Is it a memory issue? Because of this problem clone work takes a lot longer than it should.
                            Is this a known bug? Or, am I doing something known to be wrong, or overlooking the obvious, and just need to have the rules explained?
                            Thank you.

Comment

Which version of IrfanPaint are you using?
                              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Lately I've been using 0.4.5.48. Yesterday I downloaded b0.4.9.58 to see if that would solve the problem. I still have the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X