X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This tutorial looks great indeed.

Another item:
    A bad-sighted friend of mine, so a person who likes to use tabbing and keyboard instead of the mouse, loaded the latest IV on my advice, and asked me if there was any 'menu' of the tools of IrfanPaint.
    I had to disappoint him. So, for the sake of accessability, I recommend the addition of a small bar at the top of IP, with a pulldown menu with all the tool items involved.

A thing what I still miss as far as explanation is concerned, is the 'hatch' function.
    I can imagine that is this is quite fuzzy for a beginner. And also me.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      A thing what I still miss as far as explanation is concerned, is the 'hatch' function. I can imagine that is this is quite fuzzy for a beginner. And also me.
      Which is why I didn't attempt to explain it. It definitely needs some experience in using it before it becomes less fuzzy. I think the dialogue background foreground tabs need some work too. It is hard to tell which is active.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

tablet pen

Hello MItaly,

What do you think about to add support for using tablet pen?

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          I think the dialogue background foreground tabs need some work too. It is hard to tell which is active.
          Yes, you're right. I'll change those buttons with a normal tab control.
          Originally posted by Frank View Post
          What do you think about to add support for using tablet pen?
          All the tablet pens I used emulated a mouse, so it should already work well...
          IrfanPaint developer
          The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
          IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Speaking of hatching, I am...what to say...intrigued by the Clone tool's behavior. Line, Shapes, Floodfill, and Brush are very set in their ways, adhering to a grid - all their hatched marks line up precisely, spacing never varies even when switching tools. But Mr. Clone - perhaps because his point of reference is variable - has a very odd attitude. Not only do the hatchmarks ignore the whole concept of grid placement, their spacing goes from zero to ??? according to speed of movement. This produces some interesting effects, and could halp with blending, but it is a little hard to control.

The brush's quirks...now I can't make a single-pixel mark unless I have round end cap selected, and the accuracy problem is hard on my nerves.
            Last edited by matera; 25.10.2008, 02:35 AM.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
              Speaking of hatching, I am...what to say...intrigued by the Clone tool's behavior. Line, Shapes, Floodfill, and Brush are very set in their ways, adhering to a grid - all their hatched marks line up precisely, spacing never varies even when switching tools. But Mr. Clone - perhaps because his point of reference is variable - has a very odd attitude. Not only do the hatchmarks ignore the whole concept of grid placement, their spacing goes from zero to ??? according to speed of movement. This produces some interesting effects, and could halp with blending, but it is a little hard to control.
              If you want I can explain you why it behaves this way... it's a secondary effect that I too liked a lot.
              The brush's quirks...now I can't make a single-pixel mark unless I have round end cap selected,
              I'm working on a workaround.
              and the accuracy problem is hard on my nerves.
              This is one of the problems I'm trying to solve without results.
              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Text tool!

Yes, I know that irfanview already has the "insert text into selection tool". I actually requested this a few years ago. I was disappointed that you could not see the text on the screen as it was being put there. Curious if you could implement something like this in IrfanPaint? More or less something that works similarly to MS Paints text tool?

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                  If you want I can explain you why it behaves this way...
                  Explain away, I'm all ears
                  Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

When the user moves the mouse holding the left button the clone tool knows that it have to clone over all the line between the last known position of the cursor and the current position. So it creates a temporary BW bitmap of the size of the smallest rectangle containing the line (actually the process is a little more optimized, but this is the concept) and draws this line over it, using the styles applied to the pen. This bitmap is used as mask for the MaskBlt function, that copies the pixels from the source area to the destination area following the mask. The mask bitmap coords are relative to the source and destination rectangles, whose origin doesn't follow any grid, so the hatch pattern isn't necessarily aligned.
                    IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Let F12 work as a switch

Hello,
                      When I use Windows applications, I'm always happy when I experience the F-keys of that program are working like on/off switches, if possible. Like the Tab-key in Photoshop, F11 or Ctrl+I in MS-IE or F10 in all MS-applications. In IrfanView I use the Esc-key to undo a lot of dialogs. Also a nice property. In this context the F12-key (IrfanPaint) should in my opinion be used as an on/off switch.
                      Last edited by Sjef; 19.11.2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Support!+++
                        Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

Can you make F12 close the IrfanPaint toolbar, just like Alt F4 does?
                          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, I can.
                            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

This is a clever option, and I certainly support it.
                              2 MItaly
                              A nice explanation about cloning.

Edit: Reading this, I wouldn't fancy having to deal with some preset grid over the picture. while cloning a square area with a certain pixel-size, but according to some (magnetic) grid. At least I would like to be able to disable this option.
                              Last edited by Sam_Zen; 20.11.2007, 02:38 AM.
                              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I like the plugin. Very useful! Thanks!

Is or will be possible to add the IrfanPaint toolbar in normal horizontal toolbar of Irfanview? I frequent need the plugin and also the floating toolbar is always hiding part of image if image at least as large as the desktop...

Comment

Working...
                                X