This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitalij View Post
    Is or will be possible to add the IrfanPaint toolbar in normal horizontal toolbar of Irfanview? I frequent need the plugin and also the floating toolbar is always hiding part of image if image at least as large as the desktop...
    I agree it would be much better, but is apparently quite hard to implement. See Mitalay's response to question 5 in this post.

For a start, people use different toolbar icons and different size toolbar skins, so adding one on the right is difficult. Adding another horizontal toolbar underneath would require the window origin to move. If the IrfanPaint toolbar could replace the IV toolbar that would be best IMO — make it a context-sensitive toolbar. Close the IrfanPaint toolbar to get access to regular IV toolbar functions, or use the menus and shortcuts for zooming, etc.

Another possible solution is to add an option to autohide the toolbar as soon as the user moves the mouse cursor away from it. Some people would find that hard to use, but I think I would like it. I would have to use it for a while first to see if it was good or not. FastStone Image Viewer does this with its toolbars, but one doesn't have to frequently select different tools, as one does with IrfanPaint.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 30.11.2007, 04:48 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Maybe an option for the Paint toolbar to "remember last position" - independent of any window location - then it would be wherever the user prefers to have it, and predictable. If it does cover part of an image, at least it isn't much! Having it as an added toolbar would take away window space, just as bad. As an alternate toolbar...well, not so bad for keyboard users, but there are a lot of mouse-bound people who might find the switching more awkward. I would not enjoy the probable unsettling effects of toggling toolbars on the window size/shape.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, I have the perfect place for mine, thanks to my alternative shell
      Last edited by matera; 25.10.2008, 02:35 AM.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

As you can see in the attached screenshot, I have the perfect place for mine, thanks to my alternative shell
        I see. But if your photo has the higher width, the toolbar would cover an part of the actual photo.

Autohide is option, but I don't know if I can get accustomed to that.

How about making horizontal alignment of the toolbar? Then could be placed somewhere next to original toolbar and in this way would hardly cover any actual photos...

Comment

But if your photo has the higher width, the toolbar would cover an part of the actual photo.
          No, take a better look at the screenshot - you will see that the image is larger than the window area already, there is a horizontal scrollbar! I have the toolbar shoved over into a 'protected" area that windows are not permitted to expand into. I have an option to define that untouchable screen area that users of the Windows Explorer shell do not have. There are other ways to do it, I believe. There are also programs that will run in the background and allow one to "snap" windows to one another - all a bit iffy and apt to become unstable, though.

Anyway, if I had a normal desktop, and if I had an option to define the toolbar's home place, I would probably stick it in the lower-left corner, or somewhere in that neighborhood. I would love to be able to do that.

One of the things I like about the GIMP is the ability to arrange my workspace as I like it and to keep that same arrangement every time the program is opened, no matter what the size of the image. My tools go here, layers there, brushes in another corner, etc. It makes my work more efficient. One of the reasons I abhor Paint.Net is that its %$*#@ window space is inflexible.
          ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

New beta

Hi all, I've been very busy these months but now I've had time to improve a bit IrfanPaint and to release a new beta (b0.4.6.49). These are the changes:
            • the straighten tool now works correctly also if you underline vertical lines;
            • fixed many undo bugs;
            • new magnetize function (just move the toolbar near the left or right border of IV window to see how it works);
            • fixed a bug in the settings load procedure;
            • fixed a toolbar-position bug;
            • pressing F12 when the toolbar is open closes it;
            • added multi-language support.

About the multi-language support:
            when IrfanPaint is started it looks for a language file whose name is composed in this way:
            IP_language-dll-name.lng
            where "IP_" and ".lng" are fixed and "language-dll-name" is the name of the currently selected language dll; for example, in my IV installation, whose selected language dll is called "Italian.dll" the language file will be called "IP_Italian.lng"; the case is not important, and this file is located in the Languages directory.
            Actually I have written only a partial Italian language file, I'll provide an example English language file one of these days.
            Important note: do not waste your time now translating IP: before the next official version is very likely that I'll add new dialogs, move existing options in others, change control IDs, and things like these, so you'll have to restart your translation work.
            Last edited by MItaly; 08.12.2007, 09:17 PM.
            IrfanPaint developer
            The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
            IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Great stuff.

Toggle F12 and Magnetic Toolbox, left or right side, any vertical position on the window edge. Works OK if Caption, Toolbars, Menus, and Status line are turned off too.

Well worth the huge 67 K download.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Nice work !
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Yeah!
                  ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Thanks for the update. Getting better and better...

BTW, in the "full package", there is a copy of i_view.exe that has a newer date, and doesn't binary match my 4.10 install. That wouldn't happen to be a 4.11beta, would it? Seems to have fixed the scroll bar issue with a couple of large tiff's that I tried it on, but I'm not sure I've duplicated the steps to recreate the bug correctly.

Comment

In the full package there should be a normal 4.10 exe...
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Thanks a lot, Mitaly, for your development of letting F12 work as a switch in the latest version of IrfanPaint!

Comment

Yep, that switch is great.

No squares.
                          About a single click with the brush, without dragging along. Has been mentioned before.
                          In 'Pen and brush settings' (width at 12) :
                          style = line, brush = solid, Hatch secondary color = opaque. (Both fore- and background tab)
                          If Endcap is checked as Round, a single L or R click edits the right fore- or background color.
                          If Square is checked, nothing happens.
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Whoa, it was on my TODO list but I forgot it during development... I'll add it in the next beta.

BTW, thanks to all for the compliments!
                            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

You've earned 'em
                              ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Irregular Crop Tool

hi. i hava a sugestion for i view. i think i view should be beter than paint shop pro, so i think it should have zig zag croping, something like magic wand tool,or a polygonal croping at least, that would be great, i use i view since year 2000,when i had 486 procesor with 8 mb ram and 80 mhz procesor, and i view was the only image viewer that started in second,since that time i use i view,and i m very pleased. so keep good guys

Comment

Working...
                                X