Unable to check/enable JPEG2000.DLL plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to check/enable JPEG2000.DLL plugin

I've recently installed IrfanView 64 on a new laptop, along with the package of 64-bit plugins. Most of the additional plugins show as enabled in the plugin manager (Help > Installed PlugIns), but a few, including the JPEG2000.DLL plugin, which is the one that I really need, show as disabled. I can tick the boxes to enable them and OK with no complaints, but when I re-open the manager they appear disabled/unticked again. Any ideas why this might be, and/or what I can do to enable the plugin? Thanks in hope and anticipation.

They remain tagged for me. Try running IrfanView as an administrator.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks Bhikkhu. Unfortunately I don't have admin permissions on my work machine, so have to go via organisational IT, who, to be fair, are pretty responsive. I got IT support to remote on to my machine earlier to run the installs, and then again to try to enable the plugins. They didn't seem to work/persist, even when running IrfanView as admin. I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the set up of my new laptop. I've installed the plugins successfully on one of my personal machines.

Comment

I have zero experience of managing machines by system IT admins. I did find this section in i_view64.ini

[Disabled_PlugIns]
        B3D.DLL=1
        BABACAD4IMAGE.DLL=1
        ICS.DLL=1
        JPEG_LS.DLL=0
        JPEG2000.DLL=0
        QUICKTIME.DLL=1
        XCF.DLL=1
        z_IMPDN.DLL=1
        z_QUICKTIME.DLL=1

1 means that the plugin is disabled by default, and 0 means that it is no longer disabled. My INI file is updated if I check or uncheck either of those JPG plugins. Look in the IrfanView installation folder for the INI file. In my case it points to the INI file in %AppData% folder. These are the only lines there. Any changes are applied to the INI file in %AppData%

[Others]
        INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks again Bhikkhu. This looks promising, as these are the same plugins that I'm having problems enabling (all the others were enabled by default during installation). Maybe something to do with my not having the necessary permissions to make changes to the i_view64.ini file through checking boxes in the application. I'll get back on to IT support.

Comment

Working...
          X