Sending files by email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending files by email

How does "Send file by EMail" work (Win10 64 bit) and why can't I select it? I've downloaded all plug-ins and still nothing.

I could not figure it out either. It is far easier to drag and drop images into my email client.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I second Bhikkhu's answer.
      However, if you want to try it out, you need to have an E-Mail program installed.
      Then in IV in the E-mail dialogue, enter the address of the recipient and click SEND. This will start your mail program.
      In SETTINGS you may alternativly set a SMTP server to send the mail without using your mail program.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I was unable to use a SMTP server. It said that the server didn't respond. I tried entering a plain domain name and with port. Having to rely on an external program defeats the purpose of calling it from IrfanView.

Comment

Working...
        X