Linux Wine Version 7.20 and Later - ImPDF.dll PDF Save Plugin Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Wine Version 7.20 and Later - ImPDF.dll PDF Save Plugin Broken

If you happen to use IrfanView in Linux using Wine, please be advised that Wine versions starting with 7.20 have broken the use of the ImPDF.dll plugin used for saving PDF files. I was able to get the plugin working again by downgrading to Wine version 7.19.

I have submitted a Test Result to WineHQ here.

If you look on the IrfanView plugins page, there is a new PDF PlugIn (based on Pdfium). Maybe that will work? Please let us known if it does.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      If you look on the IrfanView plugins page, there is a new PDF PlugIn (based on Pdfium). Maybe that will work? Please let us known if it does.
      Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried the new PDF plugin in the past and it has a lot less features than the old ImPDF.dll. So even if I confirmed it worked I wouldn't want to use it. With the old plugin you could specify margin sizes and place multiple images on the same page using tiles. You could even specify tile margin sizes. None of those features are present in the new plugin. I would rather stick with Wine 7.19 and the old PDF plugin until a fix can be identified.

Comment

Update - I had been using Wine version 7.19 for over a year. At various times I had tried to update to the latest version to test the save to PDF using ImPDF.dll, found that it still wasn't working, and then downgraded back to version 7.19. However, I am happy to report that I just tried to update to Wine version 8.21 and I was finally able to save to PDF using the classic ImPDF.dll plugin. I'm not sure when it started working again because it has been several months since I last tested it, so perhaps several previous versions before 8.21 may have worked.

I will post the new Test Result I submitted at WineHQ once it is accepted.

Comment

Working...
        X