Where did the FITS file plugin go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the FITS file plugin go??

I need the FITS plugin in Irfanview... It used to be in the program and the format hasnt changed at all so it should be in there... Back in 2008 it was in the program and now its not any more.. Was this just overlooked? FITS is an astronomical file format.
    Thanks,
    Marc
    SkyTour LiveStream Observatories

FITS should be included in the Formats plugin.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Formats Plugin 1.png
Views:	331
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	96748Click image for larger version

Name:	Formats Plugins 2.png
Views:	312
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	96749
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ohh! Got it thank you.. The only remaining issue is that I cannot do a batch conversion from type FITS to say TIFF. FITS doesnt show up in the window so I cant convert them unless I bring them in one at a time. Is there a way to make the file list allow for them? An "all file types" option?

Comment

I also noticed that the formats.dll file types are not listed in the irfanview options to select them as Irfanview associated. Under load custom filetypes I added "|FITS" to the list and it appeared to do nothing.

Comment

Try *.* All files for loading *.fits file types into the batch dialog.
            "|FITS" should work fine for *.fits file types to be loaded while browsing folders.
            That will not associate file types with IrfanView, which must be done in System Settings, Default Apps, Associate by file type. I do not see *.fits file types listed there.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X