Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Opening of Files in Large Folders

Hello.

I have windows folder with 8500+ images and IrfanView is freezing after opening single image in that folder for pretty long (like 2-4) so i cant close or make any action in program for that time, it's pretty annoying.

Is there any option to turn something off in IrfanView to have nice and smooth opening like in other folders with few images?

I have Windows7 and IrfanView version 4.35

Thank you for help and sorry for beginner english
    IrfanView 4.36
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    AMD dual core 5000+

Please upgrade to the latest version and/or add your version number and other specs to your User Profile. It saves us asking, and saves you repeating yourself.

Is that 2-4 seconds, or 2-4 minutes? The former is acceptable IMO when opening such a large folder.

You can speed things up, but only by disabling the setting in Options, Browsing, to view all files in a folder, which is a considerable loss of functionality for an image viewer. Still, there's always Thumbnail view (shortcut T) for browsing folders if you just want fast opening from Windows Explorer.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for respond, it is working very good now.

As i said, i have folder with 8500+ images and i need to fast compare between some of them.

When i open Thumbnails it starting generating thumbnails over and over again when i start it again and it take like 2-4min so it's not much comfortable.

thank you again, it helped
      IrfanView 4.36
      Windows 7 Ultimate
      AMD dual core 5000+

Comment

You might find this recent thread from this forum of some use too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          You might find this recent thread from this forum of some use too.
          Irfan has a fix in the works, should be available in the next version after 4.37.

Brendan

Comment

Working...
          X