How Do I Show Thumbnail Pictures in Windows Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Show Thumbnail Pictures in Windows Explorer

someone may have answered this or it maybe some place i have not seen or found anyways how can i get Irfanview to show thumbnails of my picts in my my documents folder instead of the Irfanview icon so i can see what pictures are what i know about the thumbnail shortcut but is there a way so it just shows the thumbs instead of the icon thanks all for any help
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.09.2013, 06:27 AM. Reason: Added Descriptive Title

Please fill in your profile information. The answer may depend on which Operating System you're using. AFAIK Windows Explorer folder properties are not set by IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It may depend on your Operating system, as Bhikkhu says, but the most common solution is to open Windows Explorer, Select Tools > Folder Options from the menu, click View tab and uncheck the top item in the list "Always show icons, never Thumbnails".

As said above, it is not an Irfanview setting. You just see the icon for whatever Program you have associated with that file type.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        It may depend on your Operating system, as Bhikkhu says, but the most common solution is to open Windows Explorer, Select Tools > Folder Options from the menu, click View tab and uncheck the top item in the list "Always show icons, never Thumbnails".

As said above, it is not an Irfanview setting. You just see the icon for whatever Program you have associated with that file type.
        Ok...that answers my question...I don't have Explorer right now.

Comment

I am talking about Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer. You cannot have Windows without Windows Explorer. Amongst other things, it is what displays the desktop. Double click on any folder and what opens is the dialog box where you can do what I described.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
            I am talking about Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer. You cannot have Windows without Windows Explorer. Amongst other things, it is what displays the desktop. Double click on any folder and what opens is the dialog box where you can do what I described.
            Hi Mij...

What I was trying to explain to you was that I had no explorer.exe of any kind at that time. No Windows Explorer and No Internet Explorer as well. I know sounds weird but trust me it's the truth. And it was a nightmare for me. I basically wiped this PC clean and reinstalled it with brand new Windows7 so I have everything again. Well not everything lol...I still have to bring all my personal folders I moved to my other PC back to this one. So I'll get all my pics back. But I just wanted to make sure that Ifranview supports FireFox? This is what I'll be using now instead of Google Chrome. Plus I'll need to download everything all over again as I have nothing. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
            X