Can't center pic on the screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't center pic on the screen!

The picture I pasted is on the left side of the screen. I have tried all kinds of things but can't get it centered??? I have gotten it to move more to the right but just can't center it. Any one know how to do this?

There's only one setting to enable. Properties, Viewing, Center window when loading new image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello Kate,

have you seen this option:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_centre.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	81064
      (click to enlarge)

If that doesn't do what you are looking for, please describe in more detail what you want. Especially I'm unclear about "The picture I pasted ..." Are you pasting a picture into another? Or pasting a picture into a blank IrfanView window? Are you viewing the picture in IrfanView Full Sreen mode?
      Last edited by jazzman; 29.11.2013, 12:06 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        There's only one setting to enable. Properties, Viewing, Center window when loading new image.
        I had to use both post to make it work!! I am not quite a moderate in tech stuff. I was sooo frustrated to say the least!

My operating system is Windows XP. Don't know what IV is??

Now I have to go back and fix a lot of my pics!! Much thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
          Hello Kate,

have you seen this option:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3726[/ATTACH]
          (click to enlarge)

If that doesn't do what you are looking for, please describe in more detail what you want. Especially I'm unclear about "The picture I pasted ..." Are you pasting a picture into another? Or pasting a picture into a blank IrfanView window? Are you viewing the picture in IrfanView Full Sreen mode?
          I had to use both posts to get it to work! Success!!! I can't thank you enough!!

What I do is find a pic, right click to copy, go to blank Irfan window, edit, paste. But it pastes the in different areas (eyes rolling up). I do view in full screen mode.

Again thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by SetterKate View Post
            What I do is find a pic, right click to copy, go to blank Irfan window, edit, paste. But it pastes them in different areas . I do view in full screen mode.!
            It's an inefficient way to work. If you associate image types with IrfanView (Properties, Extensions) you can just double-click the image in Windows Explorer to open it in IrfanView, which will then be centred, and will also know the filename and folder location of the image.

Or, you could forget Windows Explorer, and use the Thumbnail view in IrfanView (shortcut T) to browse for images.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Glad it worked for you

IV is short for IrfanView, many people use the abbreviation here on the forum.

From what you describe you are copying a picture from your internet browser (not the Windows Explorer), so your way is quite alright. Also you could right-click on the picture in your browser, select "Save As" and thus save it to a folder of your choice.

Some browsers let you tweak the menu, so you can directly open the picture in IrfanView, but that takes some advanced experience.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
                Glad it worked for you
                Some browsers let you tweak the menu, so you can directly open the picture in IrfanView, but that takes some advanced experience.
                With Firefox I can drag and drop most images from the browser window onto my Irfanview shortcut on the desktop and they just open. No tweaks needed.
                I see that does not work with Chrome though.

Comment

Working...
                X