Zoom to window width?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoom to window width?

I use a lot of images which are very high vertically and relatively narrow horizontally - eg 3040x77806 pixels for a typical example.

The most efficient way for me to view these is to zoom the width to the width of my Irfanview window but there doesn't seem to be an option for this in View>Display Options. The Fit images to Window option always fits the image height to the window height which is no good for my examples.

Is there a way to zoom to window width?

If not it would be a useful addition.

Grateful for assistance.

According to your forum profile, your IrfanView version is 4.25, which is several versions out of date. Upgrade to the latest version, 4.37 and you will find the "Fit to Window Width" option.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You also have a "Fit smallest side to window" option in v4.37 too which copes with both tall,narrow and short,wide in the same folder.

Comment

Thanks for these replies. I have now updated to 4.37.

Some other programmes I run have an automatic routine to check for an updated version every so often - I wonder if this has ever been considered for Irfanview?

On Windows 7 64bit when I install Irfanview it ALWAYS says the programme has not installed properly and wants to reinstall it with the correct settings. Is this a problem of 32bit application on a 64bit operating system?

Comment

No, Irfanview never tries to pressure you to upgrade. It is entirely your choice to do so. There is an option in the Help menu to check for the latest version if you want to find out if updates are available.
          If you want notification you can subscribe to the New Release Notification thread by Bikkhu Pesala in the News section of this forum. News of updates to plugins that occur between the main program releases are also posted in threads found in that section.

As regards the "not installed property" message, I get that too in Windows 7 32bit and in Vista. I believe it refers to entries in the Windows registry that the installer was unable to set. These are items such as Associations to different file types that you have requested to be made and Entries in Windows Explorer Right click menus. Irfanview will run quite happily without any registry entries being made, but you may be unable to open Irfanview indirectly by double clicking image files or via the Send To menu. You may have to run Irfanview in Administrator mode to set those if Windows UAC settings are preventing them. Best to set Associations via the Control Panel which will display a dialog requesting Administrator approval should it be necessary.

Comment

Working...
          X