Delete Custom Crop Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete Custom Crop Selection

How do you delete custom crop selections once you have created them?

Under Edit->Create Custom Crop Selection I have added several custom crops....

How do I delete any crops I added? I added a bunch for one job and now want to remove them...Thanks!

DZ

I haven't found the answer. I don't see any entries for custom selections in %appdata%\IrfanView\i_view32.ini although I have added one.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have created two custom crop selections and added them to standard box. They appeared in i_iview.ini in [Edit] section:

Code:
      CustSelX=0
      CustSelY=0
      CustSelW=444.00
      CustSelH=666.00
      CustUnit=0
      CustRatio=0
      CustRatioEdit=1.0000
      CustomSize=* 444 x 666|* 777 x 333|
      Deleted this and they are gone.
      IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

What you have listed is the single custom crop selection that you save from the Irfanview browser, Jacal. Those settings are in the [Edit] section of i_view32.ini as you say.

The OP, dmz94, talks about saving a "bunch" of Custom crop selections. I assumed that must refer to settings saved from the Batch dialog. It is possible to save a bunch of Advanced batch settings from there. Only one set is stored in the [Batch] section of i_view32.ini file but you can save as many sets of Advanced batch settings as you want as individual .ini files that you name yourself. It is of course those .ini files that you need to find and delete if you no longer want them.

Comment

Hi Mij,

an image & 1000 words 'n all that

I think this is what the OP's question is about:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_CustSel.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	81087

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thanks jazzman. When was that feature slipped in?
            Originally posted by jazzman View Post
            Hi Mij,
            an image & 1000 words 'n all that
            Of course a few words about it from Irfan in the Changes file, or a bit if information in the Help file about the Custom crop dialog settings, and your picture might not have been needed.

The values appear to be saved as CustomSize in the [Edit] block of i_view32.ini in the form of a text string with the | character as the separator between each set of values. The only way I can see to remove an entry is to delete the relevant bit of the string, including the |, from CustomSize and resave the ini file.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
              ...When was that feature slipped in? ...
              Tbh, I hadn't noticed either. - A quick check shows it was new in 4.35

And another check in the release notes:

"Option to save custom dimensions in Resize and Custom-Selection dialog"

Some other stuff in those notes too that I must have read and forgotten.

Comment

Ah! You must have used the right search terms. I looked for "Standard box" and "Crop" in the release notes.

Comment

No searching required, just checking my side-by-side IV installations.

Comment

Working...
                  X