Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic maximum selection after using Control-U (rotating)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic maximum selection after using Control-U (rotating)

Sometimes I need to slightly rotate a picture, for example in order to adjust the horizon.
    Of course it means that I will lose pixels in every corner unwantedly.

It would simplify my work when the program has the option to automatically present the new maximum possible picture.
    If I like this 'auto-max.size' proposal I must be able to confirm it....or ignore and amend it manually.

Is this option already available in the program?

You don't need to lose any pixels.

Use the Straighten tool in the IrfanPaint plugin until you're happy with the result.

Then use the Clone tool to blend the edges of the rotated edges over the black pixels.

Or, set the Custom fine rotation option to use the original image as the background without changing the dimensions.

Just undo and try again if you're not happy with the results.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 06.05.2014, 11:27 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Dear Bhikkhu,

thanks for your rapid response to my question.

I followed your instructions and have following addition to it:

IrfanPaint's Straighten Tool puts my horizon horizontal. But using the original as background damages the new corners where the same content now pops up twice.....that's not what I am looking for.

The essence of my question is that after the desired rotation I must use the selection (cut-out) tool.
      I want to save as many pixels from the original picture as possible.
      Now I would like the program to give me an autoamtic cut-out proposal whereby a maximum of pixels will be part of the new picture after rotation.
      That handy option isn't available yet in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Fred

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      You don't need to lose any pixels.

Use the Straighten tool in the IrfanPaint plugin until you're happy with the result.

Then use the Clone tool to blend the edges of the rotated edges over the black pixels.

Or, set the Custom fine rotation option to use the original image as the background without changing the dimensions.

Just undo and try again if you're not happy with the results.

Comment

Hello Fred,

Martin Vicanek's Filter "Perspective Transformations" does exactly what you want. It comes included with the newest Irfanview (4.37), make sure you download and install the Irfanview Plugins. You can access it via Menu Image--> Adobe 8bf Plugins-->Perspective Transformations.

Good luck,
        jazzman
        Last edited by jazzman; 06.05.2014, 03:47 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
        X