Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Fit to screen option not working

Hi,

I don't know when this started happening but I know it worked before and I just updated from version 4.32 to 4.37 and the problem still persist.
    I have checked the option "Fit to screen: large images only" and it works with large images as they are fit to the screen so they can be viewed well. To me this implies that any image small enough to fit the screen in its original size will be untouched.
    The problem is that no matter which option I choose in the "Full screen / slideshow display options", images that are smaller than the screen size will be blown up to fit the screen. With small images this looks very ugly.
    How can I prevent this from happening? I'm sure I must have ticked another option accidentally that interferes with that but I can't for the life of me find out which one it could be.

The options for fulll screen behaviour are in Properties --> Full Screen

Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_fullscreen.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	81102

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Yeah, that is exactly what I set my option to. But small pictures are still stretched to fit the whole screen. It looks horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiba View Post
        Yeah, that is exactly what I set my option to. But small pictures are still stretched to fit the whole screen. It looks horrible.
        It works for me.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Any idea what could be wrong with my IrfanView?
          It seems as if those options are not recognized at all. No matter what I set them to the behavior won't change.

Comment

If options are not being saved, then your i_view.ini file is protected.

IIRC, uninstall IrfanView, and install for all users is the way to fix that.

I am the only user of my PC, so I don't have that problem.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I guess that's what I will do.
              Just a question for my understanding: My settings look exactly as in the picture posted by jazzman further up. Even if the file is protected IrfanView can still read it and has this option set, which means it should leave pictures smaller than the screen size alone, right? But it doesn't, so I'm worried that the problem might be something bigger and will persist after a fresh installation.

Comment

Any problems in window mode?
                IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

I deleted the ini file now so it would create a new one and now it works. I have no idea what caused that problem before. I could change other settings and it would keep them but the full screen settings were for some reason ignored. Really strange.

Comment

Working...
                  X