Won't focus or save image in current folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't focus or save image in current folder

Hello, I have a number of different folders, each with jpgs in them.

I don't know if this is a setting or not but sometimes when I rename or resize/resample a picture, it keeps going to a previous folder I saved a picture in and not the current folder I'm using. I have accidentally overwritten a couple of photos that had the same name in both folders.

I can't really change all the names in each folder since they use a standard naming convention like "front", "back", "side1", "side2" that are used in each separate folder.

Is there a setting I can use so it won't keep defaulting to the previous folder and use the current folder I'm am trying to save in instead?

Thanks

Don't use the Toolbar icon — use the shortcut Ctrl S for File, Save (original folder).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Don't use the Toolbar icon — use the shortcut Ctrl S for File, Save (original folder).
      So using Ctrl + S instead of Atl + F + S will keep it focused on the current folder I'm in, and not revert back to the previous folder I was saving to? Yes?

Comment

That's what Save (original folder) does — it saves the file in the folder from which it was opened. Try it and see.

You can also use Alt F, v, but Ctrl S is a lot quicker and less error-prone.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X