Option to not show last used save path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to not show last used save path?

Best I can tell - seaching the web & reading thru all options, there's no setting in IV to have it NOT show the last used Save path?
    You can turn off showing recent files, etc.

In the i_view32.ini file, I guess the last saved path is under [Save] > SaveDir=.
    Did I miss a setting in options to not have it store a path?

To save files where you opened them from, use Save (original folder) Ctrl S.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

??? You must've misread.
      Title of my question is, "Option to not show last used save path?"

As in, force IV not to show the last folder (path) used for saving a file. Just have that appear blank or use some default value.

The latter would be especially true once you close / reopen IV.
      Many apps (incl. Firefox, many others) will default to a user entered path for saving files - especially for each new session.

They may / may not retain the last folder used (for saving) during the current session, but once you close / reopen those apps, they revert to showing a default value (not the actual, last folder used).

Comment

No, I didn't misread your post, but since you did not explain your reasons, I had to guess what the actual problem was. It's still not clear what you're trying to achieve.

There are options to always use a fixed folder path for opening files, but saving files remembers the last used folder. One can work around that by using Save (original folder), which will save a file in the folder from which it was opened. One can also select a favourite folder from the recently used folders dropdown on the save dialogue.

What is your problem? Is it a privacy problem on a shared computer, or what?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X