Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot scroll a zoomed image when in Fullscreen mode with arrow keys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Cannot scroll a zoomed image when in Fullscreen mode with arrow keys...

Hi Guys,

Maybe I'm just confused, but I'm sure I used to be able to use the cursor-keys to scroll around a zoomed-in image when in full-screen.

It works fine when not in full-screen mode, but when I go full-screen, the cursor keys move to the next/previous image, rather than scrolling around the zoomed image.

I've looked through the Properties/Settings and can't see anything that enables this functionality.

I'm sure it used to work previously (perhaps on an earlier version of Irfanview?).

Currently running v4.42 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Cheers,

Mike.

It works for me with Irfanview 4.42.
    These are my settings: Click image for larger version

Name:	iview properties fullscreen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	81465
    Hope it helps
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
      It works for me with Irfanview 4.42.
      These are my settings:
      Hope it helps
      I don't think it will work with those settings. If the image is fitted to the screen the cursor keys will scroll to the next/previous picture.

Press the 1 or 5 shortcuts first to view at the actual size or fit to width to enable the cursor keys for scrolling the image.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys...

I tried the various setting for the image/screen file, but that didn't have any effect.

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious...

Mike.

Comment

Are the images bigger than your monitor? If not, there's nothing to scroll to, whatever the fit settings.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi again,

Just compared my settings to an old VirtualBox system I had running and I managed to track down the setting that was causing the 'issue'.

It's the "Jump to next image if Page keys or Mouse wheel used..." - didn't actually mention cursor keys, which I why I probably missed it! :-)

Cheers,

Mike.
            Attached Files

Comment

That "Jump to next image if ....." option does not mention cursor keys because it has no effect on their action.

In a window, if the image is wider than the window then the right and left arrow keys will scroll the image right or left. If it is narrower, then the right/left arrows move the image to the next or previous one. You know the image is wider than the window when the horizontal scroll bar is displayed below it.
              In a window the up and down arrow keys only scroll the image up or down. They will never move to next or previous.

In fullscreen mode no scroll bars are displayed, so you have to judge for yourself when the image is either wider or taller than the screen. If wider then the right and left arrows scroll and if narrower they move to next or previous. In fullscreen the up and down arrows scroll if the image is taller than the screen but if not they also move to next or previous. So that last action is different to the window case.

Comment

Working...
              X