CHM help file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHM help file

I have IrfanView 64 installed on this Win 10 PC and just noticed that its help file appears to be:
    C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.chm

Are the help files for the 32 and 64 bit versions therefore identical?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Yes, they seem to be identical. This might change in the future.
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

The advice is to use the 32-bit version unless you need to work with very large images.

Advantages of IrfanView 32-bit over 64-bit version:

• Runs on a 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
      • Loads all files/images for normal needs (max. RAM size is about 1.3 GB)
      • Needs less disc space
      • All PlugIns will work: not all PlugIns are ported (yet) to 64-bit (like OCR) and some 32-bit PlugIns must be still used in the 64-bit version, some with limitations (see the "Plugins32" folder)
      • The Unicode and many Adobe 8BF PlugIns can't work on 64-bit
      • Command line options for scanning (/scan etc.) work only in 32-bit (because no 64-bit TWAIN drivers)
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks both and sorry for delay in responding - been on holiday.

Before seeing Bhikkhu's recommendation, I'd just installed the 64-bit update. I'll now install and use the 32-bit version instead. Presumably I can leave the 64-bit installed?

--
        Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Comment

Yes. You can keep both versions installed and run them both at once if you want.

I use a different toolbar for the 64-bit version to remind me which version I am using. You could also associate TIF or RAW images, which tend to be larger, with the 64-bit version.
          Attached Files
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, understood.

Comment

Working...
            X