Music in EXE Slideshow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music in EXE Slideshow?

I get music to accompany my slideshow by naming an MP3 file first among my slideshow files. This works perfectly, but...

If I save slideshow as EXE file, then when I run that, it plays silently (no music).

Am I doing something wrong, or is not possible to include music in a stand-alone EXE file?

- Rich

Hi Rich,

i would suggest using an exe (standalone) for slideshows generally, because there are more problems with scr (size limit).

steve

Comment

It seems to be working OK here. I put the MP3 file first.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I put the MP3 first also, but it didn't play in the .EXE slideshow.
        How can I troubleshoot this?

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
          i would suggest using an exe (standalone) for slideshows generally, because there are more problems with scr (size limit).
          But steve, I did use an EXE.

Comment

Originally posted by RichPasco View Post
            I put the MP3 first also, but it didn't play in the .EXE slideshow.
            How can I troubleshoot this?
            You might try another MP3 file. Same result?
            Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

It did work with a different MP3 file. Hmmm.

Comment

But steve, I did use an EXE.
                Hi,

sorry, did miss that.

Could you give us more details about the working mp3 file ? Maybe filesize and bitrate ?

thx,

steve

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                  Could you give us more details about the working mp3 file ? Maybe filesize and bitrate ?
                  The non-working MP3 is 5,089,583 bytes, 3:34 m:ss variable bit rate from 128 to 320 kbps.

The working MP3 is 171,073 bytes, 0:10 m:ss at 128 kbps fixed bitrate.

Comment

I don't think the filesize of the MP3 matters. The difference of course is the variable bit rate here.
                    I'll have to test that.

Some other elements that could be in the way, are the checkbox-settings in the dialog, on the moment of making an EXE file, of :
                    'Loop slideshow' and 'Loop MP3 files'.
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                      I don't think the filesize of the MP3 matters. The difference of course is the variable bit rate here. I'll have to test that.
                      When I get a chance I'll try transcoding the same music as a fixed 128 kbps MP3 file.

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                      Some other elements that could be in the way, are the checkbox-settings in the dialog, on the moment of making an EXE file, of :
                      'Loop slideshow' and 'Loop MP3 files'.
                      I used the same settings for both the big unsuccessful file and the small successful one:
                      • Loop slideshow -- not checked
                      • Loop MP3 files -- checked

Comment

Success

I decompressed my variable bit rate MP3 and recompressed it as a fixed rate 128 kbps MP3, and now my slide show has accompanying music. Apparently IrfanView had trouble with the variable bit rate.

It would be nice if IrfanView could fix this, or at least document the restriction.

Comment

Apparently IrfanView had trouble with the variable bit rate.
                          Hi,

confirmed. IrfanView can´t even tell me the exact length of such an variable bitrate mp file ...

steve

Comment

Working...
                          X