Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save / Save-As with dimensions

Hello.

I searched using "save with dimensions" and came up with zip.

Is there an option or setting to have the dimensions of the image automatically appended to the File Name?

On the chance that this hasn't been asked, and to elaborate.....

I use IV mainly to "steal" images from the web for use as inspiration and education in web and graphic design. I take a screenshot of the entire page, then use IV to cut out the relevant graphic: a header or banner; an icon or logo, even whole pages if the layout is inspiring.

In all those operations, I always hit "I" and copy the Current Size, then paste the new dimensions after whatever File Name I give it, e.g. IrfanViewLogo_189x140. One can guess that after awhile this can get repetitive. I sometimes spend 15 to 20 minutes straight "stealing" stuff.

Is there an option/setting for this I'm missing; should I post this in the Suggestions thread?

There are some options in the Batch Rename dialogue. Click help on the dialoge for details. Probably you could get close to what you want with these parameters:

$W - image width
    $H - image height

Save all the files with any name, then run a batch operation to rename them.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Bhikku's parameters are quite useful. Even if all files have different dimensions, sometimes using the batch dialog can be very efficient for one single file-renaming too.

And one can't avoid, in situations like this, to do some boring, repetitive things sometimes. Just part of the job.

And why take a complete screenshot of the webpage ? In most browsers one can R-click on any image, button, logo, and use "Save image as.." (or a similar expression). You'll get the right size instantly.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

In my browser (Opera), I have a customised menu option when right-clicking on images, Open in Irfan View.

[Image Popup Menu]
        Item, "Open image in Irfan View"=Copy image,,,,"Panda" & Execute program, "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe", "/clippaste"
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          In my browser (Opera), I have a customised menu option when right-clicking on images, Open in Irfan View.

[Image Popup Menu]
          Item, "Open image in Irfan View"=Copy image,,,,"Panda" & Execute program, "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe", "/clippaste"
          Hi Bhikkhu,

so do I, but my menu.ini line reads like this

Item, "Open in IrfanView" = Copy image & Execute program, "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe", "/clippaste"

So, what does the "Panda" (and possibly the commata) do for you?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
            So, what does the "Panda" (and possibly the commata) do for you?
            It shows the panda icon on the menu. The Panda Image is something I added to my Opera Skin. The syntax of the menu item is like this:

Command, param1, param2, "Title", "Icon"
            so you could use this with the standard skin:

Copy Image, , , , "Attachment Images"

Comment

Working...
            X