Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usability help

Hi, new user here and had a couple questions about usability

1. is there any way to make it zoom with the scrollwheel instead of holding down control and using the mousewheel? And if not to at least disable it scrolling through images that way?

2. When I do zoom, can I make it so it just zooms in and doesn't resize the image?

3. When I open a photo can I have it save the last photo size I set rather than try to display it's full size?

Basically I want to replicate windows photo viewer (which recently broke for me, on Windows 10) behavior with it.

1. Settings/Properties, Browsing/Editing, view all files in directory
    2. View menu, Display options, and disable both resampling options
    3. View menu, Display options, Fit images to window
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

My reply to question 1 would have been No - neither of those are possible. Unchecking "View all files in directory" as Bhikkhu Pesala suggests above, is not in my opinion an acceptable solution since it also blocks every other way of moving to another image. The only way to move on is to open Properties/Settings again and check "View all files .." again.

I did not understand question 2. By "... doesn't resize the image" do you perhaps mean "... doesn't resize the window"? If so then the answer is the same as given for 3 - use "Display options, Fit images to window". That is the nearest to what Windows photo viewer does.

Comment

Working...
      X