Saving cropped images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Saving cropped images

Hi. I haven't been using IV for long but have to say it is an amazing tool. However, one problem in particular is totally foxing me. When I crop an image I have no problem in selecting the part of the image I want to keep, but when I save it the new image is the same size and shape as the original, but with the discarded part blacked out. So when I want to insert it elsewhere from my pictures files I get the selected part of the original image with the rest blacked out as a totally unwanted frame or header/footer. You can see what I mean from the attachment. There has to be a simple solution but after searching high and low I am still no wiser! Maybe I am saving it with the wrong attributes?
    Attached Files

I don't know what you're doing wrong. Ctrl+Y crops an image to the selection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cropped Image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	83032
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yessssss

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I don't know what you're doing wrong. Ctrl+Y crops an image to the selection.
      Works first time. I don't know where I have been going wrong either, but life's too short to find out!

Many thanks
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.01.2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X