X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small format PDF generates pixelated JPG

Hello,

another problem - maybe someone knows a solution:

I often have a lot of PDF / EPS with different format - all vectors. Some are very small: e.g. 50 x 50 mm. I would like to make images with a page length of at least 2000 pix from this PDF - so the smallest page should be 2000 pix.
    If I do that now with Irfanview by batch, I get partly pixelated pictures:

i_view32.exe "* .pdf / resize_short = 2000 / aspectratio / resample / jpgq = 100 /convert=*.jpg

As I said, there are only vectors in PDF - so it should be possible to get a decent JPG - but how?

Thanks in advance - Greeting - Franz

IrfanView is a bitmap image viewer. If your PDF is only 50 mm or less than 2" it will be 180 pixels when opened in IrfanView, unless, as I already suggested, you increase the PDF options to 300 dpi (or more). If you want 2000 pixels then that is 1000 dpi.

However, if you open that same PDF in PDF-XChange, it is a vector image. Exporting that 2" vector image again at 1000 dpi will give you your desired number of pixels.

Depending on the image, PNG is likely to give a smaller file size and sharper results than JPG. Photographic image data compresses very well with JPG, but lines and text compress better as PNG.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.01.2018, 07:56 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your answer - i will try this.

Comment

Working...
      X