Multiple file selections - recursive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple file selections - recursive ?

Hi, I want to change a bunch of IPTC file info. My images are located in a folder with several subdirectories. Can I recursively select all images in all folders in all levels so I can make a global batch IPTC change ?

Thanks, Andrew

See the Thumbnails Options menu.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That indeed lets me select all thumbnails, but I want to select all files and apply the IPTC editor - am I missing an obvious step somewhere ?

Andrew

Comment

So I figured a way to open all the files in the viewer (just use the search function and search subfolders), I can then "Show all in Viewer" and the viewer window status bar shows x/abc. But i'm still blocked on how to select all these files to edit the IPTC together. I guess I'm missing something basic

Comment

You are missing something, but it was not obvious. After selecting all the thumbnails, from the File menu, select JPG lossless operatons, Set IPTC data to selected files.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 13.01.2008, 02:33 PM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            Tou are missing something, but it was not obvious. After selecting all the thumbnails, from the File menu, select JPG lossless operatons, Set IPTC data to selected files.
            Success, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X