Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Resize

Am new to Irfanview.
    Want to know how to batch resize images to a new uniform size.
    The target size is 200 x 200 pixels, but original images are not all that shape.
    Is there a way to input images with different ratios which get outputted as 200 x 200, but most importantly also on a white background?

Hi 01steven,

In Advanced options, there are settings to resize with the large or the short side at a given size (200 px) and to preserve proportions.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

But that does not make the image square with canvas filler. There is no way to make odd sizes uniform in that respect.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Is there any way of running some sort of script/macro that will take all resized images and overlay them onto a 200x200 white background?

Comment

Yes. It is very easy, but not from the Batch file operations.

From the thumbnail viewer, set the thumbnail options to 200 x 200 pixels and the thumbnail background to white. Select the images you want to save (you can include subdirectories too if you wish), and save the selected thumbnails as single files.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            Yes. It is very easy, but not from the Batch file operations.

From the thumbnail viewer, set the thumbnail options to 200 x 200 pixels and the thumbnail background to white. Select the images you want to save (you can include subdirectories too if you wish), and save the selected thumbnails as single files.
            This works great - thanks.
            Is there a way of automating the whole process, so I can run a routine starting from a batch of pictures of all sizes and output them all on to a white 200x200 background. I now have this down to 2 steps, but combining these steps would be even more useful.

Comment

I don't know what you mean. It is already down to one step.
              Save selected thumbs as single images.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                I don't know what you mean. It is already down to one step.
                Save selected thumbs as single images.
                Let me explain myself.

I have a batch of images. They are all different sizes.
                I select them in Irfan Thumbnails.
                Start Batch Dialog with Selected Files
                Output format > advanced options > Set new size, Set long side to 200 pixels.

Then I have a new batch of images- none are greater than 200 pixels on the longest length.
                After this I do the save selected thumbs as selected images (with white background) as recently explained.

So I'm doing this in 2 steps. Is there a quicker way?

Comment

Yes. Select them in the Thumbnail Viewer and Save selected thumbnails as single files, as already explained. There is no need to open the batch dialogue. The thumbnails are already 200x200 pixels with a white background.

Comment

Working...
                  X