Image resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image resizing

Everytime I open an Image in IrfanView and resize it, the resized image is always in black and white. Why?

I have never seen this happen. Does it happen with all images? Are you using the resize dialogue or a batch operation?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes it's with all images. When I want to change an image's size, I go to Image -> Resize/Resample, and change the pixels?

Comment

There is no known reason why this should happen. Try reinstalling IfanView and the plugins.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Still not a clear answer about if this is a single file modification or done with the batch function.
          In the batch dialogue it is possible to have set the Colour Depth to 2.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

And how do I get to the batch dialogue?

Let me just explain more what my problem is so it's easier to understand...

I open a photo, i resize it, (it's still in color) I save it, (it's still in color)...But when I go to view the newly sized image in the folder I saved it to, it's black and white?
            Last edited by Skiller.; 17.02.2008, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
              Still not a clear answer about if this is a single file modification or done with the batch function.
              In the batch dialogue it is possible to have set the Colour Depth to 2.
              I don't know how much clearer Skiller could have been:
              Originally posted by Skiller. View Post
              When I want to change an image's size, I go to Image -> Resize/Resample, and change the pixels?
              To get to the batch dialogue, go to File, Batch conversion/rename (shortcut b).

However, you definitely should not get any problem with the simple resize option. This is so basic to the use of IrfanView. There must be something that you're not tellling us, or you have a dodgy installation.

What happens if you just click on Half, or Double?
              Have you tried reinstalling IV and the plugins?

Comment

Hi Skiller,

If your original images are not JPEG and you save as JPEG, it is possible you have checked "Load in grayscale" in Options | Properties/Settings | JPG/PCD/GIF.

If your original images are JPEG, it is possible you have checked "Save in grayscale" in the JPG save options.

Laurent
                Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Yup, thanks! I had it on save as greyscale JPG, thanks Laurent!

Comment

Clever, Laurent. I skipped that option because the post said "..black and white.."
                    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Sam_Zen,

At first I also had black and (or) white in mind. It is only after the explanation about conversion from color image that I suspected the use of grayscle.

Laurent
                      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
                      X