• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture/Screenshot... result=Black screen. Status bar says 'no file loaded'

i am trying to Capture a Screenshot.
    but i only get a black screen in irfanview
    and below in the status bar it says;
    "No file loaded (use File->Open Menu)"

i tried if switching off hardware acceleration made any difference, but no luck.
    the strange thing is i have the exact same problem on a completely different PC (also with Win XP Pro and irfanview 4.1)

anyone an idea?
    maybe its something in the way i configured XP? or is it a setting in Irfanview i missed?

Let me guess. This is a game or movie screenshot.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

try using the "print" key on your keyboard, then let us know

steve

Comment

"Let me guess".. Dry humor, I like that.

This black screen is an old trick starting with Real Media, to prevent users from copying frames of a movie.

If the movie is on your HD, you could use an app like KM Player to capture frames.

From online tubes, it's another story.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Target window not activated!

While reading this topic because of the same problem, I tried "print screen" + paste in IV & after it worked as usually I found that empty IV window after pushing the screenshot/capture hotkeys happens when after starting screenshot feature in IV (then its window minimizes) the target window (of what that screenshot must be made) is not (re)activated.

After clicking "start" (in capture dialog box in IV) the target window must be (re)activated first, before using the hotkeys, otherwise there will be no screenshot captured , but "No file loaded (use File->Open Menu)" in the status bar instead.

It seems so simple, when you already know it.

Previously I activated the targeted window not only before using hotkeys, but even before clicking "start" in IV (so this click deactivated that first), that's why focus on targeted window was lost & no screenshot captured.
          Last edited by FelixCold; 15.04.2008, 10:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
          X