Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i change my default video player back to Windows Media Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i change my default video player back to Windows Media Player?

I have recently downloaded IrfanView and since then my default video player (Windows Media Player) has changed to IrfanViews. How do i once again make Windows Media Player my default video player?

Try Properties, Extensions, and uncheck the formats you don't want to open in IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello and thanks for your reply. I have done what you said but it didn't work. If you have other ideas, please let me know. Thanks, Daz

Comment

Hi,

try to re- register the file types directly in the media player settings.

steve

EDIT: The solution above is also working of course
        Last edited by stefan; 16.03.2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

OK. Then from Windows Explorer, right-click on media files that you wish to play with Windows Media Player, and select Open With, Always use this program ...
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X