Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Folder for Batch Operations

Hi,

there's a problem which has been bugging me for some time. Batch mode doesn't start up in the last folder used. So every time I run a batch I have to manually navigate to the desired folder. This bug has been around for years. The revision history indicates it was finally fixed in Rev 4.00. However, it's present in 4.10 (haven't tested 4.00). The work-around has always been to manually open a file in non-batch mode. This is time consuming as well as annoying because Irfanview lacks a Close command (the file remains open in the viewer all the time, even during batch operations). The Setting "Set program start folder - Last used" doesn't seem to fix the problem.

- Chris

This is not a bug report.

The startup folder listed as fixed for version 4.0 in the History of Changes refers to the startup folder for the viewer as far as I can tell, which does work.

To start a batch operation with files from a specific folder, try using the Thumbnail browser (Shortcut T). Select the files that you wish to perform a batch operation with, and from the Thumbnail Browser File menu, select "Start batch dialog with selected files." (Shortcut B)

The viewer can be closed with the Escape key (Options, Misc1) while leaving the Thumbnail Viewer open, or it can be closed with the close button, which will also leave the thumbnail viewer open. Start Batch dialog with selected files will then not open the Viewer.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X