Strech image when viewing in IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strech image when viewing in IV

Hy, anyone knows why when y see an image (wmf) in IV it look like if it was stretch?

When y see it in another program (windows preview) appears correct, it happens in some machines and in other's works fine.

Sorry about my English.

I have seen that behaviour with a few images, all large drawings like a London Underground Map, but I don't know the reason for it. The attached file is the smallest one I can find that does this.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Any idea?

That’s exactly what is happening but the images I’m viewing are really not so big, any reason or answer or something to do?

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu Pesala,

I downloaded your file Wheel of Life.zip. I suppose we should see a circle and hexagons filled with text. With IrfanView only the text is compressed horizontally. With the GIMP, the hexagons are compressed too, but the text still not fills them. Is it possible the text is displayed incorrectly because I lack a font?

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

The missing font could perhaps affect the text rendering, but I have the font installed and the image is still badly distorted. I attach images to show how it should look as it displays in PagePlus X2, and how it looks in IV.

With fit window to image, the size is right, but there's a large white space on the right, so the hexagons are squashed horizontally.

With Fit Image to Window, the results are similar, but the image is much smaller. I guess this is by design, but it surprised me.

XnView displays it as expected, while Inkscape does a great job with the graphics, but makes a pig's ear of the text, rotating all of the text by 180°
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.03.2008, 01:39 PM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I get similar results with a different image. It displays just fine in XnView, but is squashed horizontally in IrfanView. Fonts or no fonts, I think there is a serious bug here with IrfanView. Reported as Issue 53
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.03.2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu Pesala,

In attachment, you can see what I get with IrfanView.
              This is with a screen resolution of 1024*768. With a resolution of 1280*1024 I get a white space too!

Laurent
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu Pesala,

I can't get TubeMap displayed correctly.

But none of your files opens correctly in the GIMP. Same result as with IrfanView when I get white space.
                So there is a bug, but it is hard to know where... IrfanView? Libraries used? WMF themselves?

Laurent

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
                  In attachment, you can see what I get with IrfanView.
                  This is with a screen resolution of 1024*768. With a resolution of 1280*1024 I get a white space too!
                  Confirmed. I get similar results if I switch to 1024x768 — no distortion.

Please comment on the reported issue if anything is missing or unclear.
                  Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.03.2008, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X