Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent Gifs/Save as original file type option

Hi,

I have been using Irfanview (or Splatcat as I like to call it...;>) for quite a while and think is a great product but I have noticed 2 issue which I would really like to know how to fix.

1. If I open a transparent gif (no background colour when viewed in PS) it shows the background colour as being black (like the surround) and if resized and resaved it will be saved with a black background instead of retaining the original transparent, no background setting. How can this be changed ?

2. If I open a file (such as a gif) when I go "Save as" it will not default to the original format i.e. '.gif' but what ever "Save as" format you previousely used e.g. '.jpg'. This has caught me out several time when I am trying to find a saved and resized '.gif' file which was changed to a 'jpg' by mistake. How can I change the settings so that "save as" it will default to the original file type (such as ".gif") rather than the last save type which can then be changed to another file type if required?

Appreciate your help with this issues.

Cheers.

1. Check the option to include transparency when saving it.

2. Use Save (Control S) instead of Save as (S), then change the file name.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X