Printed image being cropped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printed image being cropped

I've been using IRFANVIEW for some time with no problems. I just upgraded from 3.97 to 4.10 and though it appeared to be ok. I scanned in a large image and used IRFANVIEW to shrunk it, 4.10 took many more clicks to get it to the same screen size. (compared to 3.97) I assumed a change in how much to shrink each click was made to 4.10.

After trimming some excess of the image, I had several difficulties attempting to align the top of the image. Though I knew it was scanned properly, IRFANVIEW showed it as if it were missing. I moved the slider up & down and the top wasn't able to be seen.

I quit the program, restarted it and aligned at the top before trimming and noted the top was NOT missing. I did the trim again and continued to print the image. I set the print preview to 'best fit to screen', it seemed ok, printed the result.

Though it displayed correctly on the preview screen, the printed bottom, about 1in, was missing. The image went nearly to the edge of the paper.

I started over again, went to similar steps and got the same results.

This never occured with 3.97

Bob K.

I assume that the zoom step you used to use was greater than the default because zooming now takes fewer steps than before because it has changed to a geometric progression. You can change the zoom step in Properties, Viewing.

Several bugs were introduced by this new zooming method — please see the bug reports forum where this topic has been discussed to death.

Use the shortcut key F to zoom to fit, or control H to zoom to 100%.

There is a bug-fix release that solves the cut off problem. A download link can be found in this post
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X